UPDATED: City of San Jose Internship Opportunity

  • Cecilia Rios
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 19, 2007
      Hi everyone! I'm re-posting this internship opportunity because the
      contact person changed. I deleted the other posting to avoid
      confusion. Thank you and Happy Thanksgiving. Cecilia Rios

      CITY OF SAN JOSE, ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES DEPARTMENT INTERNSHIP POSTING

      NOVEMBER 2007

      City of San Jose
      200 East Santa Clara Street
      10th Floor
      Department: Environmental Services Department (ESD)
      Division: Integrated Waste Management (IWM)

      SEEKING:
      Students interested in solid waste recycling and waste prevention
      issues. Students with course work or experience in environmental
      studies, marketing, economics, database development and management,
      or related fields are encouraged to apply.

      QUALIFICATIONS/DUTIES:
      Positions will support IWM with the implementation, management, or
      expansion of recycling programs and projects. Scope of work and
      assignments vary depending on need. Duties include:

      • Program assessment and performance review of city and
      privately operated facilities
      • Program development and enhancement
      • Waste audits and characterization studies
      • Enhancement and management of existing web-based reporting
      system
      • Implementation and support of pilot studies
      • Community outreach and education
      • Research and information collection
      • Report and document management
      • Special event coordination, set-up, and support

      MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
      All positions require excellent oral and written communication
      skills, knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing software, and
      strong interpersonal skills. Candidates must be able to work
      independently or in a team environment. Some lifting up to 40 lbs
      and other physical activities may be required. Valid California
      driver's license required. There may be additional skills required
      depending on position requirements.

      SCHEDULE:
      Weekdays, flexible, up to 40 hrs/wk.

      DURATION: TBD

      Please e-mail Marceena Short (marceena.short@...) if you
      are interested by Wednesday November 21, 2007 to be considered for
      the first round of hiring opportunities.

      City of San Jose - Environmental Services
      ATTN: Marceena Short
      200 E. Santa Clara St., 10th Floor
      San Jose, CA 95113-1905
    • Cecilia Rios
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 20, 2007
        TO: Applicants for internship at City of San Jose.

        My apologies, I did not realize that Marceena's email address is mis-typed in the flier.

        Marceena Short's correct email address is: marceena.short2@...

        (There is a 2 next to her last name).