New NSCCAPA Student Representative

  • Taryn Hanano
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 15, 2007
      Hello MURP students,
      I'd like to introduce myself as the new Northern Section, California
      Chapter APA (NSCCAPA) Student Representative for SJSU. I am taking
      over the position from your previous student representative, Emy
      Mendoza, who has done a fabulous job of connecting our university to
      the urban planning network in the Nor Cal area. I am excited to begin
      work as a liaison between the university's students and the local APA
      chapter.

      There are lots of exciting events coming up for YOU! I encourage all
      students to attend events because they provide great opportunities to
      network, make contacts and learn from the Nor Cal area's planning
      professionals. Here is a list of what's to come:

      EDUCATIONAL EVENTS:

      UPC Speaker Series: BART and Ferry TOD Strategies for the Bay Area
      Presented by Jim Moore
      When: Friday, November 16 (THIS Friday)
      Where: Clark Hall Fish Bowl Room 100F (1st Floor)
      Time: 12:00 - 1:00 PM
      Bring your lunch and enjoy a great discussion!

      Building Oakland for Everyone: Summit on Jobs, Housing and Justice
      When: Saturday, November 17
      Where: St. Anthony's School Gym 1500 15th St. Oakland, CA
      Time: 10:00 AM- 2:00 PM
      RSVP to Liana Molina (510) 893-7106 x20

      Census Update Conference: What you need to know for the 2010 Census
      When: Thursday, November 29
      Where: MetroCenter ABAG
      Time: 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
      Conference is free by pre-register at http://www.abag.ca.gov/abag/events/census

      NETWORKING/SOCIAL EVENTS:

      NSCCAPA Holiday Party
      When: Friday, November 30
      Where: E&O Trading Co. 314 Sutter St. SF,CA
      Time: 7:00 - 10:00 PM
      Must RSVP by November 19th- ONLY $15 dollars for students!
      For more information visit: http://www.norcalapa.org/ (click on
      Holiday Party Flyer)
      Come enjoy a night of food, drinks and prize drawings with other
      Northern California planners!!!

      UPC Monthly Meeting
      When: Tuesday, December 4th
      Where: URBP Department
      Time: 7:00 PM - ?
      IMPORTANT MEETING! WE WILL BE DISCUSSING HOW STUDENTS CAN GET $$$ TO
      GO TO LAS VEGAS FOR THE NATIONAL APA CONFERENCE IN APRIL! Also visit
      http://www.planning.org/2008conference/students.htm to find out how
      you can volunteer for the national conference and get your
      registration fees waived!!!

      Urban Planning Department Holiday Party
      When: Friday, December 7th
      Where: South Bay Yacht Club
      Time: 7:00 PM

      Below is my contact email. Please forward ANY questions, concerns or
      thoughts you have about anything APA. If you have ideas of events
      you'd like to see from the NSCCAPA, please feel free to forward them
      on. Lastly, if you're interested in getting more involved with your
      local APA chapter please contact me because the Spring 08 semester
      event planning is beginning now! Thank you.

      Best regards,
      Taryn Hanano
      taryn.hanano@...