Fellowships to do a PhD in planning at Florida State University

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 14, 2007

      ----- Forwarded by Asha Agrawal/SJSU on 11/14/2007 05:19 PM -----

      Dear Asha,

      I am writing to bring to your attention several excellent fellowship opportunities for doctoral study at Florida State University. If you know any undergraduate or Master’s students who are interested in pursuing a doctoral degree in planning, please encourage them to apply.

      Presidential fellowships carry a stipend of $23,000 for 9 months plus a 24 credit hour tuition waiver.  Department fellowships carry a stipend of $13,500 for 9 months plus a 24 credit hour tuition waiver. Awardees have the opportunity to work on a research project with faculty, are encouraged to present the results of their research at a national or international conference, and submit an article for publication based on their research.  They also have the opportunity to gain teaching experience in the classroom.

      We are looking for students whose interests fit with those of department faculty members and who are strongly motivated to pursue doctoral studies in planning.

      The fellowships and assistantships are highly competitive and students should write a strong personal statement and submit three letters of recommendation. To be considered for all forms of financial aid, students should have their application, including the department’s application for financial aid, to the department before January 15, 2008. For more information please contact, Rebecca Miles, Associate Professor and Doctoral Program Director (850) 644-7102, or visit our website
      http://www.fsu.edu/~durp/

      Sincerely,

      Rebecca Miles
      Doctoral Program Director and
       Associate Professor, Dept. of Urban and Regional Planning and
       Research Associate, Center for Demography and Population   Health
      113 Collegiate Loop
      PO Box 3062280
      Florida State University
      Tallahassee,  FL  32306-2280