Excellence in Planning graduate scholarships at Florida Atlantic University

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 7, 2007

      ----- Forwarded by Asha Agrawal/SJSU on 11/07/2007 05:36 PM -----

      Dear Colleagues,

      I would like to bring your attention to our Excellence in Planning Scholarships. If you know any undergraduate students that are interested in immersing themselves in planning for two years, this is a great opportunity.

      The Department of Urban and Regional Planning has established 10 Excellence in Planning Scholarships for students in our graduate program.  The scholarships are generally provided for a period of two years in which time the student is expected to complete their graduate degree. The scholarships include a tuition waiver and a generous stipend ($13,000 a year for 2007/2008).  Students will have the opportunity to work 20 hours a week with faculty on research, are encouraged to present the results of their research at a conference, and submit an article about their research for publication.

      We are looking for students that are up to the challenge. Minimum requirements are an undergraduate GPA of 3.2 and a minimum of 1200 on the GRE.  The scholarships are highly competitive and students should write a strong personal statement and submit two letters of recommendation. Deadline for application is February 15, 2008.

      For more information and application materials, please contact:

       Jaap Vos, Associate Professor and Chair, 954 762 5653
      jvos@...