Temple University Recruiting MA Students for fully funded assistantships in Globalization, Sustainability, Social Justice, or Geographic Methods

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 23, 2007

      ----- Forwarded by Asha Agrawal/SJSU on 10/23/2007 09:07 AM -----

      Recruiting MA Students for fully funded assistantships with interests in Globalization, Sustainability, Social Justice, or Geographic Methods

      For students interested in pursuing graduate work relating to Globalization, Sustainability, Social Justice, or Geographic Methods, the Department of Geography and Urban Studies at Temple University is recruiting candidates for fully funded assistantships in our Master's programs in Geography and Urban Studies. Our department is growing as we work towards establishing a new PhD program for the near future, and we can now offer an unusual number of fully funded fellowships to masters’ students for the 2008 fall semester. We offer a range of Teaching Assistantships, Research Assistantships, and Fellowships, all of which include full tuition remission and stipends.

      Our program focuses particularly on four areas--Globalization, Sustainability, Social Justice, and quantitative and qualitative Geographic Methods, including Geographic Information Science (GIS).  Graduates of our two-year MA programs find employment in a diverse set of government and non profit agencies both in the US and around the world. Our graduates are also competitive candidates in top PhD programs in planning and geography.

      We are in Philadelphia: an outstanding venue for studying urban and geographic issues and an affordable, vibrant, desirable place to live. Temple has recently been ranked as the most diverse university in the nation. As a program with a strong interdisciplinary focus, we welcome applicants from a broad range of the social sciences and humanities, and particularly encourage minority and international applicants.

      Application deadlines for fellowships or financial assistance are:
                                                             January 15 for the fall semester
                                                 October 15 for the spring semester

      For further information on our program, please look at our updated website www.temple.edu/gus, or contact us via email at geogus@....

      Benjamin Kohl
      Associate Professor and Undergraduate Chair
      Geography and Urban Studies
      309 Gladfelter Hall Temple University, 1115 W. Berks St.
      Philadelphia PA, 19122 USA

      Tel: 215.204.1430

      http://www.temple.edu/gus/bios/kohl.html