"Building Communities We Can Call Home": event from the Bay Area Alliance (Oct. 11)

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 24, 2007

      ----- Forwarded by Asha Agrawal/SJSU on 09/24/2007 04:00 PM -----
      Bay Area Alliance for Sustainable Communities invites you to

      Thursday,October 11th, 9am to 11am

      Building Communities We Can Call Home:
      breaking NEW ground for stronger communities

      Do you care about the supply of safe, attractive and affordable homes in the Bay Area? That are close to transit, walk and bikeways? And near parks where our children can play?

      Do need more support so this can happen now?  If so, you will not want to miss this meeting on Oct. 11th

      This meeting has been designed to deepen your ability to effectively communicate and engage others in your efforts, so that we have more places we are proud to call home.

      Hear powerful stories from Mayor Janet Lockhart, Councilwoman Nancy Nadel, City Manager Ed Everrett,  SAMCEDA President Dan Cruey, and Contra Costa Faithworks ED Maria Alegria that describe how they built stronger communities.

      **At this meeting, we will premiere the Bay Area Alliance's new short film on building stronger communities.  The film is an outreach tool for community planning efforts.**

      Have you thought about using on-line strategies such as videos, blogs, or email campaigns to attract more people to your work? If so, what questions do you have? Email me your questions now, and we will have two experts on hand to answer them.

      RSVP NOW as seats are limited - email allison@...

      Agenda - Thursday, October 11th, San Francisco

      8:30   Registration and breakfast

      9:00   Premiere of Bay Area Alliance film on building stronger communities

      9:20   If Smart Growth Is So Smart,
      Why Do So Many Smart People Oppose It?

      ·         East Bay – Maria Alegria, Executive Director, Contra Costa Faithworks!
      ·         Peninsula - Daniel Cruey, President of SAMCEDA
      ·         Santa Rosa –Chuck Regalia (invited)
      moderator: Andrew Michael, Bay Area Council
      10:00 Public Engagement Tools: Video and Web 2.0

      • Tips for using the BAA film to engage your community  – Allison Quaid, BAASC
      • Using documentaries to educate and engage your audience- Ellen Schneider, Executive Director of Activevoice.net
      • Online tools that make it easier to share information and mobilize constituents – Allen Gunn, Executive Director, Aspiration Tech
      11:00 Stories that Shape Our Communities
      Elected officials share stories that changed their view on how we need to grow as a neighborhood, city or region and what they did in response

      • Councilwoman Nancy Nadel, City of Oakland
      • Mayor Janet Lockhart, City of Dublin
      • Ed Everett, City Manager, Redwood City
       11:45 Announcements from members

      12:00 Adjourn

      Additional program information: http://www.bayareaalliance.org/

      Location:
      50 California Street, Suite 2600, San Francisco
      BART: Embarcadero Stop

      Time:
      8:30 registration and breakfast, 9am to  12pm program

      For questions contact Allison Quaid at 415-352-3648 or Allison@...

      Hope to see you there!

      This mailing system may only be used for sending permission based email.
      If you did not give permission to receive emails from this sender,
      please notify us.

      This email was sent to asha.weinstein@... by allison@... | Read our
      Privacy Policy.
      Bay Area Alliance for Sustainable Communities - 50 California Street, Suite 2600, San Francisco, CA, 94107, United States