Ph.D. program preview event @ U. of Michigan for underrepresented minorities

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 19, 2007

      ----- Forwarded by Asha Agrawal/SJSU on 09/19/2007 04:10 PM -----

      Re:  Opportunity for minority students interested in Ph.D. planning programs

      Through funding from NSF, the University of Michigan is hosting a two-day event ("PREVIEW") later this fall (Nov 8-9) that will bring to the Ann Arbor campus prospective doctoral students in six fields, including urban planning.   The goal is to increase the number of applications from underrepresented minorities.  Visitors will participate both in urban planning and campus-wide events.

      This is a potentially great opportunity for students considering doctoral studies in planning.   The University of Michigan will pay for all travel, lodging and on-campus food expenses for visitors, so for them the trip is essentially free.

      (Note:   this event does not commit students to applying to the Michigan doctoral planning program.  It is part of NSF's efforts to increase the number of underrepresented minorities in the social, behavioral and economic sciences nation-wide.)

      Prospective applicants can go directly to our website
       https://secure.rackham.umich.edu/preview/sbes.html
      and fill out a short on-line application.

      The deadline is SOON:  September 30.

      We will contact students by mid-October to inform them if they have been accepted for the 2-day program in November.

      Prospective applicants may also contact me directly at:
      sdcamp@...

      Please forward this message freely.

      Thank you,
      Scott Campbell
      Associate Professor & Coordinator of Doctoral Studies
      Urban and Regional Planning Program
      College of Architecture and Urban Planning
      University of Michigan
      2000 Bonisteel Blvd.
      Ann Arbor MI 48109-2069
      (734) 763-2077, (734) 763-2322  [fax],  sdcamp@...