TALC Party & Meeting

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 10, 2002
      SJSU Urbp students, alums:

      Urban Planning Coalition is now listed on the TALC website as a member.
      http://transcoalition.org/members/members_list.html
      (under South Bay)

      Unfortunately, we are an affiliate - I requested that correction, and adding
      the link to our website. I will send the correction as soon as it's done.

      Meanwhile, please consider attending the meeting and party tomorrow in SF if
      you can make it.

      Regards,
      Irvin/UPC Liaison to TALC

      ----Original Message Follows----

      Transportation and Land Use Coalition (TALC)

      Please join us on Wednesday, December 11 as we bid farewell to Rachel
      Peterson. We will also be celebrating 5 amazing years of working together
      under the umbrella of BATLUC/TALC.

      Next week is Rachel's last as Executive Director of Urban Ecology and as the
      President of TALC's Board of Directors. Rachel played a pivotal role in
      building TALC into an important regional force - first as co-chair, then in
      obtaining its initial funding, and most recently as it's President.

      So come celebrate, we'll have food, wine and beer and some time to toast
      with Rachel. The celebration follows our regional meeting (agenda below)
      But feel free to just attend the celebration.

      CELEBRATION LOGISTICS
      Wednesday December 11
      7-8:30 p.m.
      Sierra Club, SF
      85 Second St., Third Floor
      (at corner of Mission St., near Montgomery BART)

      Hope to see you there!
      Stuart Cohen

      Transportation And Land Use Coalition (TALC)
      (formerly BATLUC)

      REGIONAL MEETING
      Wednesday, December 11, 2002 5:30 - 7 p.m.
      Followed by a Farewell Rachel/5-year Celebration 7- 8:30 p.m.
      Sierra Club, 85 Second St., 3rd Floor San Francisco
      (at corner of Mission St., near Montgomery BART)

      Pizza and Salad served for meeting. Beer and wine for the Celebration
      Regional meetings are open; everyone is welcome.

      DRAFT AGENDA

      1) Introductions/Announcements/Revisions to Agenda -- 5:30

      2) Initiative Updates and Discussions -- 5:35
      a) VTA Bus Cuts/$6 billion deficit
      b) TALC's new Transportation Equity and Community Health (TEACH)
      project

      3) Bridge Toll Increase: Review and vote on proposed "tier one"
      project list, develop long-term strategy 5:45
      At the October TALC meeting we reviewed the list of candidate projects and
      sent a letter to Senator Perata with a list of projects that TALC members
      supported and opposed. Ezra Rapport, Perata's consultant has now released
      the proposed "tier one" list of projects. These will be discussed at the
      final Bridge toll meeting December 13, then forwarded to the state
      legislature. At the meeting we will:
      1. Review how TALC's project positions compares to the proposed plan.
      2. Vote whether to support this initial project list (staff recommends
      support).
      3. Discuss a strategy for moving ahead in 2003, including how high to
      prioritize this issue.
      To see our recommendations to Sen. Perata, and links to the past bridge toll
      advisory committee meetings go to www.transcoalition.org and the bridge toll
      campaign on the home page.

      4) Plan Release of Best and Worst Developments of the Bay Area Report:
      6:05
      Brainstorm a date and place in February to release this report. The goal is
      to get great regional media in a show of support for ABAG's adoption of the
      Smart Growth alternative. Should it be a whistle stop tour? A regular press
      conference? Help us plan, and execute it.

      5) Sixth Annual Summit: Help make it the best yet 6:25
      Event will be March 22 or 29. Brainstorm themes, break-out groups, and
      decide whether to have the awards ceremony again and for what categories.

      6) Organizational Briefing 6:40
      a) Overview of TALC 2003 Staffing
      b) Grant/Fundraising Updates
      7) Adjourn to CELEBRATE 7 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.