Doctoral Fellowship at University of New Orleans

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5, 2002
      ----- Forwarded by Asha Weinstein/SJSU on 12/05/2002 08:08 AM -----

      Doctoral Fellowship Announcement

      The College of Urban and Public Affairs has received funding
      for two four-year fellowships for pursuit of the Ph.D. degree in Urban
      Studies, with majors available in city planning, urban history, and
      urban affairs. The fellowship provides a stipend of $15,000, payable
      in 12 installments per year plus tuition, and is renewable for up to
      four years.

      I would like your help in locating superior students who
      might be interested in this opportunity for support of their doctoral
      studies. The diversity of our faculty, who have advanced degrees in
      anthropology, city and regional planning, civil engineering, urban
      history, landscape architecture, political science, public
      administration, regional science, social policy, and urban geography,
      allows students to pursue a variety of research interests. I hope you
      will share it with students who are or might be considering
      application to a doctoral program for the fall semester of 2002.

      The University of New Orleans is a Carnegie Doc II institution
      and the urban university of the Louisiana State University System.
      Currently some 16,000 students are enrolled, including 3,900 in
      graduate programs. Although our doctoral program is relatively new
      (we enrolled our first students in 1990), we have graduated thirty-five
      students with the Ph.D. degree and have fifty-five doctoral students
      in residence. Our graduates have accepted positions with academic
      institutions, government agencies, and the private sector.

      Please inquire:

      Mickey Lauria, Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
      University Research Professor and LMHA Professor
      of Urban Planning and Urban Affairs
      Director, Division of Urban Research and Policy Studies
      Director, Ph.D. in Urban Studies
      College of Urban and Public Affairs
      University of New Orleans
      New Orleans, Louisiana 70148