FT job - Oakland, CA - Oakland Food and Fitness Community Collaborative - Project Manager
----- Forwarded by Asha Agrawal/SJSU on 08/16/2007 09:26 AM -----
"Wells Lawson" <wellslawson@...>
Sent by: owner-planning-jobs@...
08/16/2007 09:16 AMPlease respond to
<planning-jobs@...>ccSubject Immediate Opening - Project Manager Oakland Food and Fitness Community Collaborative (OFFCC)
Immediate Opening - Project Manager
Oakland Food and Fitness Community Collaborative (OFFCC)
Contract Position: $75,000
The OFFCC seeks an energetic Project Manager to oversee and facilitate a newly formed community collaborative and the development of a comprehensive plan of action for sustainable systems change to improve the wellness of Oakland residents by addressing food and fitness in Oakland.
Qualifications: Proven experience in project management and strategic planning. Requires strong facilitation skills and a track record of consensus-building among leadership constituents with diverse backgrounds and interests. Excellent verbal and written communication skills including grant proposal development and media outreach.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to oaklandfoodandfitness@... no later than August 26th, 2007.
The Collaborative: The Oakland Food and Fitness Community Collaborative (OFFCC) is a newly formed collaborative of public and private organizations and agencies working to improve quality of life opportunities for Oakland residents. The goal of this collaborative is to work together to create a comprehensive plan of action for sustainable systems change to improve the health and wellness of Oakland residents by addressing food and fitness in Oakland. At the end of this 2-year planning process, the plan will be submitted to the Kellogg Foundation for funding consideration for the implementation phase.
Purpose of the Position: The Project Manager reports to the OFFCC Advisory Team, and is responsible for supporting and facilitating the development of an overall plan to address food and fitness in Oakland.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Act as the primary point person for facilitating communication between the OFFC Advisory Team, standing committees, and collaborative members, and with other communities and collaboratives.
· Facilitate, coordinate and communicate with collaborative members to develop a plan that will address food and fitness in Oakland.
· Organize and facilitate collaborative meetings, maintain membership and facilitate communication. Ensure that meetings are agenda driven, on task and aligned with collaborative goals.
· Recruit community leaders, organizations and individuals to capture broad community participation.
· Manage the work of the Project Assistant.
· Monitor progress toward fulfillment of goals and objectives as stated in the OFFCC workplan
· Write reports to foundation.
· Coordinate and write final plan to be submitted to Kellogg Foundation. This will include goals, objectives, strategies, evaluation, fund development strategies, and timeline.
Skills and abilities:
· 5 years project management experience with experience in strategic planning.
· Knowledge of project management techniques, including managing timelines, workflow and processes to track progress.
· Strong facilitation skills, preferably a variety of techniques, to build consensus among leadership constituents with diverse backgrounds and conflicting goals.
· Ability to act as collaborative spokesperson.
· Proven conflict resolution skills in a collaborative environment.
· Excellent writing skills
· Excellent verbal communication skills with an emphasis towards building interpersonal relationships.
· Must be computer literate using MSOffice Suite, e-mails, and must be Internet savvy.
· Bi-lingual a real plus, Spanish preferred.
Education and Experience
· 4-year degree or equivalent experience.
· 5 years project management experience or other experience bringing diverse people together to achieve a common goal.
· Experience working in Oakland with community and other groups.
· Demonstrated effectiveness in the implementation of community based plans and assessments.
· Experience with fund development.
· Knowledge of food systems, food security, built environments and economic development a plus.
The OFFCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color and Oakland residents are strongly encouraged to apply.