Volunteers Needed for Green Home Tours on Sunday Sept 23 in San Francisco

  • Riad Elbdour
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 16, 2007

      Volunteers Needed!

      San Francisco Green Home Tour

      Volunteer for the first Build It Green Home Tour in San Francisco on
      Sunday, September 23rd, 2007.
      There are many ways to help!  Volunteer opportunities include:

      Green Home Tour (~50 volunteers needed)
      Date:  Sunday, September 23rd in San Francisco
      Shifts available:  Morning or Afternoon. 4 1/2 hour shifts allow time to visit other homes.

      Responsibilities:
      •  Assist homeowners in preparing for tour guests (setup registration table, signs, etc.)
      • Greet tour participants and verify all participants have a Tour Guidebook
      • Ensure participants remove shoes or wear provided booties
      • Facilitate the flow of traffic in the home
      • Refrain guests from entering identified off limits areas
      • Assist homeowners in closing down (remove signs, pack up supplies, etc.)
      Pre- and Post-tour Volunteer Opportunities (~10-15 volunteers needed)
      We're also looking for volunteers to help in our Berkeley office before and after the Tour. Get a behind the scenes glimpse of what goes into the production of the tour and help us with:
      • Guidebook distribution
      • Educational signage
      • Preparing materials and supplies
      • Evaluating participant surveys, etc.
      (We are located at 1434 University Ave. in Berkeley, 4 blocks from North Berkeley BART)

      Volunteer Participation Criteria
      • Enjoy public education and interaction
      • Be able to commit to the full volunteer shift
      • Must attend the Volunteer Orientation. The orientation will be held Tuesday, September 18th from 6:30-8:00pm in San Francisco. Dinner will be provided.
      •  Must be 16 years old. Volunteers under 16 must be accompanied by parent/guardian.
      Volunteer Applications If you are interested in volunteering, please fill out a Volunteer Application which is available from our website at http://www.builditgreen.orgThe volunteer application deadline is Tuesday, September 4th.  Please note on your registration form which opportunities you are interested in.  We’ll do our best to match you up with the shift of your choice.  Details regarding the mandatory Volunteer/Homeowner Orientation meeting will be emailed to you upon receipt of your application.

      As a volunteer you'll receive
      • The official Green Home Tour organic cotton t-shirt
      • A special volunteer thank you gift
      • A FREE Green Home Tour guidebook with in-depth case studies of each home which grants you access to any home on the tour
      • A special orientation dinner for you and the tour organizers the week before the tour
      • FREE snacks on the day of the tour
      • Networking opportunities with green homeowners and building professionals
      • A unique opportunity to experience green homes
      • and so much more...
      Hope to see you there!
      For more info please contact Katie at volunteer@... or 510-845-0472 ext 119

      Can't volunteer? Purchase your guidebook at www.BuildItGreen.org to experience the tour on your own.