Policy analysis job listings

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 15, 2007

      Date:    Fri, 10 Aug 2007 15:32:41 -0500
      From:    "Fisher, Peter S" <peter-fisher@...>
      Subject: policy analysis job listings

      An increasing number of state-level non-profit progressive think tanks
      have sprung up over the past 10-15 years and they are often looking for
      staff with a public policy analysis background. A masters in planning is
      an attractive degree for such positions, and the salaries are generally
      competitive. These groups are organized into two national networks: EARN
      (the Economic Analysis Research Network) organized by the Economic
      Policy Institute, and the State Fiscal Analysis Initiative (SFAI),
      organized and funded through the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities.
      Both national organizations post job listings for members of their
      network on their web sites. You might want to alert your placement
      person to these sources of jobs. Several of these organizations have
      recently complained about difficulty in finding qualified people. There
      are 20 or more job openings available right now. Here are the links:

      EARN: http://www.earncentral.org/jobs.htm

      SFAI: http://www.statefiscal.org/jobs.html

      In the interests of full disclosure, the reason I thought of sending
      this message now is that I am also affiliated with one such
      organization, the Iowa Policy Project, and we are hiring.

      Peter Fisher
      Graduate Program in Urban and Regional Planning
      University of Iowa