East Bay APA Event - Diversity in Planning - Free

  • Emy Mendoza
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 11, 2007
      Please join us for a panel discussion on Diversity in Planning,
      Thursday, July 26, 2007, from 6:00 to 8:30 PM at the Joseph P. Bort
      MetroCenter, 101 Eighth Street (Lake Merritt BART station) in
      Oakland.

      (The site is the office building for ABAG/MTC. It is at the Lake
      Merritt BART station, or within walking/biking distance from the
      Jack London Square Amtrak station at 2nd and Alice street)

      This discussion will explore diversity and planning from the
      perspective of income/class, disability, gender, ethnicity, age and
      sexual orientation, focusing on strategies for urban planners. It
      will feature engaging speakers from a wide range of backgrounds in
      local government, non-profit organizations and advocacy groups. This
      event is free and open to all. Appetizers and beverages will be
      provided at 6:00 PM and the program will begin at 6:30 PM.

      Please RSVP by July 19th to David Ralston, dralston@...
      or Joanna Jansen, joanna@....

      I will be taking the train to Oakland for this event. Let me know
      if you want to join me.

      Emy M.
      cell: 510-326-1919
      home: 408-275-0941