FT job - City of San Jose Housing Dept - Policy Development Specialist
- View Source
The City of San Jose Housing Department is recruiting for a Policy Development Specialist. Please share this job announcement with anyone who might be interested. Thank you. The deadline to apply for this position is June 28.
For more information, visit:
Housing - Development Specialist (Policy)Type of Job:
Open to all ApplicantsRequisition #: CSJ-2007-0541Department: HousingOpen Date: June 18, 2007Close Date: June 28, 2007Benefit Level: Full-Time with BenefitsSalary: $62,587.20 to $76,044.80 (Annually)
The Development Specialist position in the City of San Jose's Housing Department will be responsible for conducting high-level policy analysis on issues related to affordable housing. A candidate must have the ability to conduct research, perform analysis, develop reports, and make recommendations for review by the Department's Executive Staff. This position requires the ability to coordinate effectively with other City departments and agencies. The Development Specialist must be able to work well in a team environment and provide technical support as needed to ensure that the team meets it goals in a timely manner. Computer literacy is a must. This position reports to the Senior Development Officer overseeing the Department's Policy & Planning Section.
This classification is represented by Municipal Employees Federation (MEF) Local 101 AFSCME, AFL-CIO).
The ideal candidate will possess the most desirable combination of training, skills and experience, as demonstrated in past and current employment history. Desirable experience, knowledge and skills for this position include:
1. General knowledge of affordable housing programs and issues
2. Knowledge of the general principles and practices of public agency organization and administration
3. Ability to research and analyze complex policy and administrative issues, summarize and communicate them concisely and effectively to Executive Management with limited supervision
4. Ability to organize, coordinate, and participate in regular monthly evening meetings of the Department's Housing and Community Development Advisory Commission
5. Expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
6. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with City staff and members of the public
7. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
8. Ability to conduct community outreach efforts, including public presentations and the use of group process skills
Any combination of training and experience equivalent to the following:
1. Education: Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Planning, Housing, Geography, Economics, Business Administration, Public Administration, Political Science, Sociology, Government, Politics or related field.
2. Experience: Two (2) years of directly related work experience. Additional experience beyond two years can substitute for up to two years of the education requirement on a year-for-year basis.
3. Required Licensing: Possession of a valid State of California driver's license may be required for some assignments
4. Other Qualifications: Incumbents may be required to have different combinations of the listed qualifications, or more specific job-related qualifications depending on the position.
5. Employment Eligibility: Federal law requires all employees to provide verification of their eligibility to work in this country. Please be informed that the City of San José will not prepare or file a labor condition application with the Dept. of Labor.
To apply for this position and for more information, visit: