Job Opportunity: Community Investment, Federal Home Loan Bank

  • Kirby
    Message 1 of 1 , May 21, 2007

      Hello-

      The Federal Home Loan Bank of San Francisco is currently hiring for a Community Investment Consultant, a full time permanent position in the Community Investment Department.

      Basic responsibilities are:

      • Administer the multi-million dollar Affordable Housing Program (AHP) grant fund for the creation and development of affordable housing.
      • Perform financial analysis and grant underwriting for the funding of multi- and single-family housing developments
      • Evaluate, score, and recommend AHP applications for grant awards
      • Manage, create, and conduct workshop presentations
      • Provide community outreach and technical assistance to member financial institutions, nonprofit organizations, and other public stakeholders

      The full posting can be found here: http://www.fhlbsf.com/about/careers/jobdetails/ci_compliance_ii.asp

      About the Federal Home Loan Bank of San Francisco

      The Federal Home Loan Bank of San Francisco helps meet the borrowing needs of communities by providing wholesale credit products and services to member financial institutions. The Bank is privately owned by its members, which include commercial banks, savings institutions, credit unions, thrift and loan companies, and insurance companies headquartered in Arizona, California, and Nevada. We are part of a network of 12 regional Federal Home Loan Banks chartered by Congress in 1932 to provide low-cost credit to residential housing lenders.

      We make credit available so local financial institutions can make home mortgage, commercial real estate, small business, and other loans. We also support affordable housing and economic development through partnerships with local communities. As part of this effort, we contribute 10% of our income to the Affordable Housing Program, which provides grants to create affordable housing for lower-income households.