Job opportunity from Jake Associates Inc. in San Jose

  • sigmabetafiji
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 12, 2007
      Transportation Technology Project Engineer/Manager
      Available Position Description, March, 2007

      Jakes Associates, Inc. is a solutions-oriented management and
      transportation technology consultancy headquartered in San Jose,
      California focusing on innovative transportation technologies and
      systems. In business for over 17 years, we feature career stability
      with unlimited growth potential as we help shape a rapidly changing
      transit industry by applying innovative and cost effective solutions.

      Currently we have two dynamic positions immediately available
      within our innovative transportation technology engineering group for
      energetic, self-start MBA's with mechanical, electrical or civil
      engineering background with excellent communication skills.
      Responsibilities may include:

      • Technical engineering and project management support for on-
      going vehicle development and implementation programs (prototype to
      implementation);
      • System design and manufacturing support;
      • System design and operational simulation support;
      • Business strategy growth development within innovative
      transportation industry;
      • Proposal and/or report development;
      • Industry outreach;
      • Technology and market research;
      • Other.

      It is envisioned that the successful candidate will possess the
      following minimum skill set(s):

      • Strong interest/aptitude in the innovative transportation
      industry;
      • Highly proactive attitude;
      • Ability to work with minimal supervision;
      • Strong project/program management skills (2-10 years
      progressively responsible experience);
      • Background in machine design, infrastructure development,
      and/or vehicle systems;
      • Exceptional communication (written and verbal) and
      presentation skills;
      • Willingness to travel;
      • BS degree Mechanical, Electrical or Civil Engineering;
      • Efficient working knowledge with major software programs such
      as MS Office, Autocad, others;
      • PC and Macintosh platforms.

      Interested candidates should email resume with cover letter to:
      jakes@...

      We look forward to hearing from you. Equal Opportunity Employer.

      Jakes Associates, Inc.
      1940 The Alameda, Suite 200
      San Jose, CA 95126
      408-249-7200