FT job - Alameda County - EveryOne Home - Interim Director
----- Forwarded by Asha Weinstein/SJSU on 04/11/2007 09:47 AM -----
Please post the following job announcement.
EveryOne Home Interim Director
Position: Interim Director
Position Type: 30-40 hours per week, contract position
Reports To: Linda Gardner, Director of Housing & Community Development, Alameda County
Compensation: Competitive, depending on qualifications
EveryOne Home is a collaborative effort of Alameda County, cities in the
county and the community to prevent and end the cycle of homelessness
for individuals and families. EveryOne Home is a comprehensive
countywide plan that takes the groundbreaking approach of coordinating
three systems of services - housing, mental health and HIV/AIDS - in
recognition of the importance of systems integration in ending
Officially launched in February 2007, EveryOne Home brings new hope for
homeless families and for homeless individuals with debilitating health
conditions including serious mental illness, HIV/AIDS and other chronic
conditions. Implementing the plan will create 15,000 new units of
supportive housing across the county - including new and renovated
housing, as well as rental assistance. Coordinated services will provide
the mental and physical health care and independent living skills that
will allow residents to achieve stability and maintain their housing.
New revenue streams, savings from decreased use of emergency services
and the investment of resources into cost-effective housing and services
will support these efforts into the future.
EveryOne Home is currently housed at Alameda County's Department of
Housing & Community Development (HCD), staffed by HCD staff and
consultants, and overseen by the Sponsoring Agencies Group comprised of
county, city, and community leaders. Additional support comes from
five committees: Fund Development, Communications, Structure, Program,
and Data & Evaluation. Over the next twelve to eighteen months, a
permanent organizational structure will be determined and staffing
secured. Please see www.everyonehome.org <http://www.everyonehome.org/>
for more information.
The Interim Director is responsible for the overall management of
EveryOne Home and assisting in the development of a permanent
organizational structure. Primary roles include coordinating
implementation of the annual action plan, staffing of committees (with
consultant support), and representing EveryOne Home in the community.
In addition, this position will coordinate with committee co-chairs and
consultants to achieve the annual work plan objectives. The ideal
candidate will be adept at working with many diverse stakeholders to
work together around a common vision.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Working with representatives of the EveryOne Home Sponsoring Agencies,
Committee co-chairs, and consultants, the Interim Director will be
responsible for work in the following areas. Specific priorities
between items listed below will be developed in conjunction with the
EveryOne Home Chair and Sponsoring Agencies.
1) Work with the Structure Committee to develop a leadership
structure for the implementation of the EveryOne Home Plan. It is
anticipated that this will include a Governing Board, an Inter-Agency
Council and a process/structure to support advocacy.
2) Coordinate with the Continuum of Care Council on the development
of a consumer input process/structure and ensure that it includes
stakeholders from mental health and HIV/AIDS, as well as homeless,
3) Work with the Structure Committee to recommend a formal legal
structure and related agreements for the new structure - potentials to
be explored include independent nonprofit status and/or a joint powers
4) Developing budget and staffing plans for the short- and
5) Coordinating presentations to remaining cities within Alameda
County and prominent civic groups for adoption/endorsement of the
EveryOne Home Plan.
6) Staffing the interim leadership body and, when seated, the
7) Assist leadership body in recruiting Governing board members.
1) Lead EveryOne Home in encouraging and supporting programs,
projects, and service integration efforts as called for in the annual
2) Develop and maintain critical alliances, partnerships and other
agency affiliations with public and nonprofit organizations.
3) Oversee consultants working on mapping of service systems,
selection of common data elements and outcome measures, and housing
4) Support efforts for increasing the capacity and infrastructure of
nonprofit community-based organizations to carry out development and
operation of permanent supportive housing.
5) Participate in local, regional, state, and national advocacy
around development of additional funding sources (e.g. housing trust
funds, bond measures) and policies promoting affordable housing (e.g.
6) Coordinate with the Continuum of Care on the Homeless Count and
implementation of HMIS (Ongoing)
Fund Development & Communications
1) Oversee the implementation of a revenue plan for the interim
period and then the development and implementation of a three-year
revenue plan for the permanent structure.
2) Work with other key stakeholders to secure financial support from
foundations and individual, corporate and community donors.
3) Coordinate with the Continuum of Care on the submission of the
annual SuperNOFA proposal (in 2008).
4) Serve as a primary spokesperson and public representative for
EveryOne Home in Alameda County.
5) Oversee the communications and public relations functions for
EveryOne Home including securing endorsements and adoptions, developing
an annual communications plan, and updating website and communications
6) Coordinate the development of an annual progress report to the
community including written materials and a public event.
* Bachelor of Arts degree required with advanced education
* Five or more years of increasingly responsible experience in the
public or nonprofit sector; experience in affordable housing (including
Permanent Supportive Housing), homeless, HIV/AIDS and/or mental health
* Experience developing and implementing community-based plans
involving large numbers of stakeholders preferred.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with and raise
funds from public and private sources .
* Comfortable working independently, as part of a team, and in a
complex and evolving organizational structure.
* Successful experience with start-up projects/organizations and
* Excellent leadership, organizational, communication and
interpersonal skills required.
* Two or more years supervising and managing support staff and
volunteers serving as committee members, Board members, and/or
* Experience leading performance-based, outcome-driven
* Exceptional skills and comfort writing a broad range of materials
such as program descriptions, needs analyses, grant applications,
funding reports, technical documents and minutes.
* Marketing and mass communications experience beneficial.
* Skilled and comfortable in public speaking to diverse audiences.
For more information, contact Linda.gardner@... or 510-670-5939.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and 3 - 5 page self-authored
writing sample to HousingPlan@... by May 4th 2007. Applications
will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
Eileen De Guzman
Housing & Community Dev.
224 W. Winton Ave., Room 108
Hayward, CA 94544
Ph. (510) 670-6436 Tieline: 56436