FT job - Berkeley, CA - Alta Planning + Design- Bicycle and Pedestrian Planner

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29, 2007

      ----- Forwarded by Asha Weinstein/SJSU on 03/29/2007 11:28 PM -----

      BICYCLE AND PEDESTRIAN PLANNER
      ALTA PLANNING + DESIGN, BERKELEY

      Alta Planning + Design, a national firm specializing in bicycle, pedestrian,
      and trail/greenway planning and design, is seeking a mid-level planner for
      our Berkeley office. Duties include report and proposal writing, conducting
      research, performing fieldwork, producing maps and graphics, preparing
      presentation and outreach materials, attending meetings, and overall project
      management.  Our current workload includes a variety of bicycle and
      pedestrian master plans, trail feasibility studies, trail design, Safe
      Routes to School plans, and non-motorized research studies.  We are seeking
      an enthusiastic individual with 3-5 years of professional experience,
      excellent writing skills, background in urban/transportation planning, and
      knowledge of and commitment to bicycle and pedestrian issues.  Knowledge of
      GIS and/or graphics software such as Adobe Illustrator a plus.  Masters
      degree preferred.

      Salary is commensurate with experience.  Alta offers competitive salary and
      benefits and a casual work environment.  This is an excellent opportunity to
      work for the leading firm in the specialized field of non-motorized planning
      on some of the most innovative and high-profile bicycle and pedestrian
      projects in the nation.

      To apply, email a resume and cover letter to berkeley@.... To
      learn more about the work we do visit our website at www.altaplanning.com
      <http://www.altaplanning.com/> .