UPC Green Building Tour: Presentation Center, Tuesday 3/20 1:00 p.m.

  • Brandi de Garmeaux
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 14, 2007
      Join us Tuesday, March 20th, for our second Urban Planning Coalition Green Building tour. This tour will be held at the Presentation Retreat & Conference Center in Los Gatos. This tour will feature the sustainable architecture and green aspects of the Presentation Center’s LEED Gold Certified Welcome Center.

      For those who attended the Adobe Systems’ Green Building tour, this tour will provide an interesting comparison between a new building created to meet LEED certification standards and an existing building that was retrofitted to meet LEED standards.

      Space is limited: If interested, please email Brandi de Garmeaux at upcresponse@... to reserve a spot.

      When
      Tuesday, March 20th
      1:00 p.m.

      Where
      Presentation Center
      19480 Bear Creek Rd., Los Gatos, CA 95033

      What
      City Planning, Professional Fashion, and the Rebirth of the Residential High-Rise

      Description
      Presentation Retreat & Conference Center's 10,000 sq ft Welcoming Center is LEED Gold Certified and features straw bale walls, two types of solar power, and a living roof.  The living roof covers 3,400 square feet and includes 9 different plants, 4 of which are California Natives.  Recycled and rapidly renewable resources were used in the construction of the building as well as various energy saving features. Our center also includes a sustainable organic garden managed by the UC Master Gardeners of Santa Clara County. To see more, please visit our website at www.presentationcenter.org.

      For more information or to reserve a spot, please contact Brandi de Garmeaux at upcresponse@....