Alta Planning + Design, Project Assistant Job

  • Brett Hondorp
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2007
      My firm Alta Planning + Design, a small company specializing in bicycle, pedestrian, and trail planning and design, is looking to fill a Project Assistant position in our Berkeley office.  This is a unique position that is basically 1/2 time admin/production, and 1/2 time planning writing, research and editing.  This would be a great opportunity for somebody with an undergraduate degree who is interested in bicycle and pedestrian planning to gain some experience, and for a motivated individual there is a possibility to transition into a full-time planner position with the firm.  Our office is currently working on projects all over the state including the City of San Jose Pedestrian and ADA Plan, the Marin County Federal Non-Motorized Pilot Program, the Ventura County Bike Plan, the Solano County Safe Routes to Schools program, and many others.

      The basic job requirements are somebody with excellent writing and editing skills, an advanced MS Word user who can do complex formatting, some knowledge of graphics such as Illustrator and Photoshop, somebody who is self-motivated and very organized, willingness to do some light office admin work, and an interest in bicycle and pedestrian issues.

      If interested please email a cover letter, resume, references, and a brief sample work product to Jana Jones at jjones@....

      Don't pick lemons.
      See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.