Job Opening for Assistant Planner in Pleasanton

  • Tricia Maier
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2001
      Clear Day

      Hi,

      I’m writing as a former graduate of the SJSU Planning Program (Summer 1999) with information on a job opportunity. The Planning Department where I work in the City of Pleasanton has an opening for an Assistant Planner who will work in current planning. Pleasanton is a city of 65,000 with 10 planners currently on staff. Due to the city’s size, current planners have the opportunity to work on challenging projects and to receive a range of experience. The starting salary for this position is $53,751/year with an additional $3,762 CalPERS retirement contribution by the City. Benefits are fairly standard with 13 paid holidays, full medical/dental/vision insurance, etc.  Employees do not pay into Social Security.

      I have been working in Pleasanton for nearly two years and have appreciated the responsible planning that takes place here with a minimum of politics and developer influence. If you are interested in this position, you may call the Human Resources department at (925) 931-5048 for a more detailed brochure. The filing deadline is June 15, 2001. The City’s website has not been updated with information on this position, but an employment application is available there. The URL is: http://www.ci.pleasanton.ca.us/personnel.html

      Please also feel free to contact me via e-mail or phone if you want a more personal perspective on the work environment here.

      With warm regards,

      TRICIA

      Tricia Maier
      Assistant Planner