FT job - San Francisco - Mission Economic Development Agency - Homeownership Counselor
----- Forwarded by Asha Weinstein/SJSU on 01/05/2007 01:27 PM -----
Job Title: Homeownership Counselor
Organization: Mission Economic Development Agency
Location: San francisco
Mission Economic Development Agency (MEDA) is a community-based,
local economic development organization which, for over 32
years, has engaged individuals and small business in
community-building strategies that together lead to appropriate
and equitable economic development in the Mission District. MEDA
primarily serves low-income clients, focusing on the Latino
and/or Spanish-speaking community. In accomplishing its mission,
MEDA is involved in three distinct activities: small business
assistance, homeownership counseling and community planning.
The Homeownership Program’s mission is to increase community
sustainability through financial education and homeownership.
MEDA’s homeownership program provides homebuyer education
workshops and one-on-one individualized counseling. MEDA also
works in partnership with our government partners to influence
and shape housing policy. The Homeownership Counselor will work
in a team and will be responsible for carrying out client
services for MEDA’s Homeownership Program. The individual will
work with low- and moderate- income San Francisco households,
focusing predominantly on the Latino community to help them
navigate through the homeownership process and develop long-term
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Individual counseling and case load management to Spanish
and/or English speaking clients.
• Provide guidance and prepare individual financial plans for
MEDA’s Homeownership clients.
• Facilitate homebuyer and financial education workshops in
Spanish and/or English.
• Program administration, including answering and responding to
general inquiries, collection and processing of new client
information, and general mailings.
• Assist in the maintenance of the program’s database, including
data collection, input and program reporting.
• Assist in the planning and execution of the Annual
• Contribute to the creation of partnerships with real estate
agents, lenders, developers and other financial industry
• Assist in new curriculum development and existing curriculum
• Represent the organization in various community forums.
• Minimum of Bachelors Degree, or equivalent required
• Excellent verbal communication, presentation skills, and
• Spanish fluency required. Must be able to read and write in
• Professional or personal or experience working with
communities of color required
• Excellent writing and computer skills including work
processing and use of database systems
• Strong interpersonal skills required.
• Experience in personal financial education and/or homebuyer
• Familiarity with San Francisco’s real estate market, mortgage
lending practices, first-time homebuyer programs, and affordable
• Must be available to work outside regular business hours.
How to Apply:
Email resume & cover letter to hr@... oand/or fax to hr
415 282 3320. please add Homeownership Counselor to title