Multiple FT jobs - San Francisco - Dyett & Bhatia - Urban Designer/Planner

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2007

      ----- Forwarded by Asha Weinstein/SJSU on 01/04/2007 09:35 AM -----

      Urban Designer/ Planner (Various Positions)
      Dyett & Bhatia
      San Francisco, CA 94111
      USA
      Tel: 415-956-4300
      Fax: 415-956-7315
      E-mail: jobs@...

      We are looking for planners and urban designers to work on exciting
      assignments throughout California and the Southwest. We are a collegial,
      dynamic team, committed to place-based planning and excellence. Our office
      is located in the historic Jackson Square District in downtown San
      Francisco, easily reached by transit.

      We have several positions available, and are open to filling these at a
      variety of levels, depending on candidates’ experience. Listed below are
      minimum qualifications and experience; we welcome candidates with greater
      experience.

      ENVIRONMENTAL PLANNER

      The Environmental Planner to work closely with our planning staff to
      manage and prepare program Environmental Impact Reports on specific plans
      and general plans, and regional transportation plans. We are looking for
      someone who will take the lead on the environmental documents, and who
      will also be part of the project team, helping to do the research and
      craft planning proposals. In this position, you will have the opportunity
      to manage a number of technical sub-consultants.

      QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE

      Candidates should have a minimum of three years of experience, and must
      have prepared several complete EIRs in California, preferably on planning
      programs.

      PLANNER/SENIOR PLANNER (ZONING)

      Dyett & Bhatia is a national leader in preparation of comprehensive zoning
      and development regulations. Our roster of current clients for
      comprehensive zoning work includes some of the largest American cities and
      counties.

      We are looking for one or more team-members to work primarily on zoning
      assignments. Candidates must enjoy zoning work, bring a solid grasp of
      legal and technical underpinnings of zoning, and have demonstrated ability
      in code writing. Experience in administering zoning and development
      regulations is desirable. Urban design expertise and understanding of
      built form is a plus.

      QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE

      Candidates must possess a Master of City Planning and/or a JD, with
      minimum two years experience (6+ years for senior level appointment).

      URBAN DESIGNER/PLANNER

      Our current urban design work includes downtown planning (large city
      revitalization and new downtowns), district planning, transit-oriented
      area plans, and design guidelines. The position would involve all aspects
      of projects—design, writing reports and plans, creating diagrams and maps,
      facilitating community workshops, and managing project teams

      QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE

      Candidates must have a degree in architecture and graduate education in
      urban planning, and excellent writing, design, and computer modeling (3-D
      Studio Max/Sketch Up) abilities, with minimum two years U.S. experience.
      Hand drawing ability desirable.

      PLANNER (COMPREHENSIVE PLANNING)

      Dyett & Bhatia is a leader in preparation general plans, and is leading
      general plans across California (Northern, Southern, and Central Valley).
      Planners will contribute to all aspects of general and specific plans,
      including research and analysis, preparing plans and EIRs, workshop
      facilitation, and project coordination.

      QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE

      Candidates must have an MCP and exceptional writing skills. Previous land
      use planning experience, physical planning skills, GIS ability, and
      knowledge of California planning law is desirable.

      SALARY AND BENEFITS

      Excellent salary and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance,
      retirement plan match, profit sharing, and transit subsidy.

      Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
      Application Instructions: please email resume to jobs@....
      Contact Info Erin Camarena
      Tel:        415-956-4300x33