CHECK OUT "NEW PARTNERS FOR SMART GROWTH" CONFERENCE IN LOS ANGELES: 2/8,

  • Irvin Dawid
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2007
      "NEW PARTNERS FOR SMART GROWTH" CONFERENCE IN LOS ANGELES,
      FEBRUARY 8-10

      MURP students knows that California needs fundamental land use reform.

      Current development patterns are a major contributor to global warming
      and generate the air pollution that is causing a public health crisis
      in the Central Valley. This "dumb growth" is destroying our prime
      farmlands and best wildlife habitat, too. By curtailing dysfunctional,
      sprawling development through better land use policies we can cure
      many of our state's most challenging environmental problems and
      benefit both public and environmental health.

      If you want to find out how to fight back against dumb growth, plan to
      attend the "New Partners for Smart Growth" conference in Los Angeles
      from February 8th through 10th.

      The New Partners conference brings together everyone necessary to make
      Smart Growth a reality in our communities:
      students (special rate), planners, engineers, developers, financiers,
      economists, elected officials, public health experts, fire chiefs,
      and community activists, government regulators - even Smart Growth
      opponents. And it's one of the few conferences where attendees can be
      sure that they will pick up new ideas they can really use.

      New Partners for Smart Growth
      The Westin Bonaventure Hotel
      Los Angeles, CA
      February 8-10.

      Registration deadline: January 26
      Fees for late registration
      Group and non-profit discounts available

      For more information on the "New Partners for Smart Growth"
      conference, including registration rates:
      http://www.newpartners.org/registration.html