FT job - San Francisco - Asian Neighborhood Design - Assistant Project Mgr., Community Planning

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 21, 2006

      ----- Forwarded by Asha Weinstein/SJSU on 12/21/2006 05:58 PM -----

      Asian Neighborhood Design
      New Posting date: December 20, 2006
      Recruitment Announcement
      Assistant Project Manager-Community Planning

      Asian Neighborhood Design is recruiting for an Assistant Project Manager to
      work with our Community Planning team. AND is a non-profit community
      development agency incorporated in 1973 providing architecture and planning,
      family and youth self-sufficiency services, employment training, and housing
      & community development for low-income, multicultural communities.
      Our community planning program currently has active technical assistance
      work in key San Francisco neighborhoods-South of Market, Visitacion Valley,
      Mission-as well as some special research and policy projects. The AND
      program has a wide variety of projects, each needing different types of
      contributions, so the person should expect to be working in a fast-paced
      dynamic work environment with a small team that approaches projects
      collaboratively.

      Responsibilities for this position will include:
      - managing research projects (egs., demographics & development trends;
      housing opportunities; historic buildings re-use) and various field surveys
      - facilitating and recording for community workshop processes
      - managing work products including maps, drawings, imagery, reports and
      other "deliverables"
      - day to day interfacing with our community partners
      - supervising intern teams and summer fellows

      Experience & Qualifications:
      - Strong analytical skills and creative thinking are necessary, as are
      excellent communication skills
      - At least one year of practical experience in community planning or design,
      and applicable academic coursework or projects
      - Knowledge of development financing and/or real estate economics is a plus
      - Familiarity with GIS, Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign software
      programs is desirable
      - It is also highly desirable that the person know the geography of San
      Francisco well and be knowledgeable about local land use and planning policy
      issues

      Salary $40,000-$45,000. We have full medical, dental, vision, life insurance
      coverage for all employees. We also provide a 401(k) plan.

      If interested or for more information, please contact Peter Cohen at
      pcohen@.... 415-575-0423 x221. Submissions will be accepted through
      January 12th. For more information about AND go to our web site:
      www.andnet.org

      Asian Neighborhood Design does not discriminate in employment opportunities
      or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin,
      age, disability, sexual orientation, medical condition, marital status or
      any other characteristic protected by law.