2 FT jobs - Oakland, CA - Metropolitan Transportation Commission - Traveler Coordination and Information (TCI) Section
MTC is announcing two Open recruitments in the Traveler Coordination
and Information (TCI) Section:
511 Transit Information Program Coordinator
Reporting to a Senior Program Coordinator and providing support to the
511 Transit Project Manager, the person in this position will work as a
member of a project team responsible for operating the San Francisco Bay
Area's 511 Regional Transit Information System. The main components of
the 511 Transit program include: (1) the regional transit database that
contains comprehensive, current service data for the region's transit
providers; (2) a regional transit trip planner system; and (3) a transit
information website (www.transit.511.org). Major work responsibilities
include, but are not limited to:
* Coordinate with project team, contractor(s), and regional transit
agencies on ongoing data updates and data transfer upgrades;
* Manage 511 Transit website operations;
* Implement new trip planner system and other major project
* Conduct overall system monitoring and maintenance.
Assistant/Associate Planner for Transit Connectivity Implementation
Under direction of the TCI Director and a senior planner, the person in
this position will:
* Assume transit connectivity and coordination responsibilities at
* Implement findings from the Regional Transit Connectivity Study.
* Coordinate/support wayfinding signage improvements, real-time
information deployments, and regional transit information displays at
regional transit hubs.
* Staff an advisory committee on transit connectivity issues.
* Represent and/or support MTC's customer service projects with
respect to transit connectivity and coordination issues.
* Identify opportunities and solutions to encourage transit operators
to better support MTC's customer service projects.
* Support and/ormanage other elements of the Regional Transit
Connectivity Study and the Regional Transit Coordination Program.
We welcome applications from MTC staff, and appreciate your forwarding
the announcement to interested individuals, and to organizations that
will disseminate the information. Announcements and applications can
also be downloaded from MTC's website, www.mtc.ca.gov. All required
materials must be submitted to Human Resources by 5:00 p.m.,
Friday, January 19, 2007.
Please contact Ann Macaulay at (510) 817-5741 or me, at ext 5740, if
you have any questions or would like further information.