FT job - San Francisco - TechLaw, Inc. - Staff Associate in Environmental Justice, Public Participation, and Community Benefits

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 20, 2006

      Staff Associate in Environmental Justice, Public Participation, and
      Community Benefits

      TechLaw, Inc. is a national environmental consulting firm contracting to
      public sector and non-profit clients such as the Environmental
      Protection Agency, cities, and community environmental justice
      organizations. TechLaw, Inc. provides traditional environmental and
      technical consulting through our field of scientists and environmental
      experts. We look to ensure that our services benefit communities that have
      suffered from contamination.  To that end, we are seeking to expand our
      public participation, environmental justice, and equitable redevelopment
      work.

      We are looking for an individual to pursue and manage efforts to engage
      communities in environmental regulation, clean-up, and redevelopment
      processes.  The position requires supporting our existing projects and
      expanding the scope of our firm̢۪s work. The ideal candidate will be
      flexible, visionary, and organized; will understand the
      interrelationship between people, their systems, and the environment, and
      can articulate those intersections.

      Minimum Qualifications
      Masters degree in social work, environmental or public policy, science
      (e.g. geography, environmental), public administration, education, or
      similar field.  Bachelor's degree plus experience may be substituted for a
      master's degree.

      Excellent writing skills including the ability to write conference papers,
      presentations, and research proposals; grant writing        experience a
      plus

      Experience and proficiency with research and data analysis

      Project management abilities, attention to detail.

      Reliable, self-directing and pro-active.  Ability to work with limited
      supervision, determine when to ask for support and direction, and to
      cooperatively engage with coworkers, regulators, and stakeholders.

      Ability to multi-task and pay meticulous attention to detail in tracking
      budgets, schedules, personnel and work products.  Able to meet deadlines
      with superior quality work products.

      Commitment to environmental justice

      Cultural competence, comfort working with diverse populations in
      business, government, and community forums.

      Skills and experience in facilitation, training, public processes,
      and/or public outreach including planning for such processes

      Willingness to go "above and beyond" and juggle projects to support the
      firm including technical environmental reviews, research, marketing, and
      grant-writing.

      Desired Qualifications
      Experience in the field of environmental, social, and/or economic
      justice; knowledge of environmental regulations, public policy,
      and economic development

      Comfort in public speaking

      Understanding of issues facing low-income communities, communities of
      color, and communities experiencing environmental injustice

      This position is based in San Francisco, CA. Some travel required.
      TechLaw, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.  We value diversity in the
      workplace.

      Salary is DOE.  Position will be open until filled.

      Please submit a cover letter and resume via email to:
      TechLaw, Inc.
      90 New Montgomery Street, Suite 1010,
      San Francisco, CA 94105
      clarussell@...