Conference: "New Architecture and Urbanism: Development of Indian Traditions" (New Delhi, Jan. 2007)

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 13, 2006

      ----- Forwarded by Asha Weinstein/SJSU on 12/13/2006 07:49 AM -----

      I would like to introduce to you INTBAU, The International Network for Traditional Building, Architecture and Urbanism, an active network of individuals and institutions dedicated to the creation of humane and harmonious buildings & places which respect local traditions. HRH Prince of Wales is the patron of the organization. INTBAU is committed to supporting traditional building, maintenance of local character and the creation of better places to live in. Please refer our extensive website www.intbau.org for a detail on our activities.

      INTBAU India with the support of The Nabha Foundation is now creating an international conference on “ New Architecture and Urbanism: Development of Indian Traditions” in New Delhi, from 11th-14th Jan’2007. The Nabha Foundation supports the conference as an important segment of its vision in mainstreaming heritage in the development and regeneration of urban and peri-urban areas.2

      It is a very significant conference aiming to bring together strong voices from all corners of the country and the world, in an effort to retain and reinforce the belief in the strength and vitality of traditional building and urbanism, and for its promotion and usage in the development of mainstream architecture and urban design. World renowned practitioners Leon Krier, Arif Hasan, V. Ganapati Sthapati, Rasem Badran, Robert Adam, Raj Rewal, Nimish Patel and institutions like the Prince of Wales's Foundation of the Built Environment, Cambridge University, UN-Habitat, Unesco-India, Auroville Earth Institute, HUDCO, Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) would be participating.

      We are pleased to invite you for participation in this significant event. Registration for the conference is open now and the details are online at http://www.intbau.org/IndianTraditions.htm. or http://www.intbau.in. Highly subsidized rates are available courtesy our sponsors in addition to full sponsorships. Special accommodation rates in all cost categories are also available online for New Delhi from our event manager

      Moreover, we would appreciate if you could disseminate the conference program and details to as many relevant people and institutions as possible. For this purpose, if you need any help or information from the conf. secretariat, they would be glad to help out in any way possible. Write to contact@... .
      For more localized help the people to be contacted are as follows:
      Conf. Secretariat in New Delhi, India:
      Saswati Chetia, Architect: saswati@... &
      Gaurav Jindal, Program Manager: gaurav@...
      Mumbai, India: Laxmi Arya, Architect: laxmi@...
      Jyoti Soni, Architect: jyoti@...
      US: Prof. Krupali Uplekar, Architect: krupali@...

      We are also looking forward to partnering with appropriate institutions who share our concerns. For this purpose INTBAU India manages an Institutional/organizational membership" on a reciprocal basis, which allows members access to information from INTBAU India, preferred access to INTBAU events for free or at reduced registration fee. If you'd like to apply or encourage someone else to do so, please revert/email for receiving the appropriate form.

      Deependra Prashad
      Architect/ Planner
      Gen. Secretary (INTBAU India)

      INTBAU India
      Address:- S-335, Panchsheel Park,New Delhi-110017
      TeleFax:- +91-011-40502162
      email:- contact@...
      web:- www.intbau.org