----- Forwarded by Asha
Weinstein/SJSU on 11/12/2006 11:52 AM -----
SENIOR TRANSIT PLANNER
City of Anaheim California
SENIOR TRANSIT PLANNER
The City of Anaheim is seeking an energetic, professional candidate to
work in a fast-paced environment managing multiple priorities. If you are
teamwork oriented, proactive, motivated, and have an ability to prioritize
projects then we have an outstanding opportunity for you in the Department
of Public Works. This individual will interface with agencies that are
planning regional projects that may serve Anaheim such as the California
High Speed Rail Commission, California-Nevada Super Speed Train
Commission, the Orange County Transportation Authority and SCAG.
This individual is a person who:
• Thrives in a fast-paced environment and is familiar with local, State
and Federal regulations applicable to public transportation; and transit
scheduling and planning procedures.
• Assists in developing and implementing local and regional transit
opportunities, secures grant funds, monitors legislation, trends and
innovations in the transit industry.
• Provides project management and technical support to the Transit Manager
in transit planning and transit project development activities.
• Assists in the development of transit concepts and route planning,
procuring professional services by developing scopes of work and project
• Prepares and/or oversees preparation of complex staff reports,
conditions of approval and recommendations to the City Council.
• Coordinates interdepartmental committee and pre-file matters; reviews
case files for completeness and accuracy.
• Works independently on high priority projects that can be complex,
confidential, and have high visibility.
• Performs other job related duties as required.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
• Experience in planning or development of transit systems and project
• Knowledge of project management; principles of contract administration.
• Knowledge of complex principles and practices of transportation planning
and regional planning practices.
• Knowledge of basic budgeting principles.
• Knowledge of principles of research, and policy development.
• The ability to prepare clear, comprehensive, and concise reports in
• The ability to communicate effectively; both orally and in writing,
understand and carry out oral and written assignments.
• The ability to lead, organize and review the work of professional and
technical personnel, and effectively coach and delegate to individuals
• The ability to work well in a team setting under constant deadline
pressures, establish and maintain effective working relationships with
those contacted in the course of work, including a variety of City
officials, staff and the general public.
• The ability to interpret and apply Federal, State and local policies,
procedures, laws and regulations.
All candidates must complete a City of Anaheim application. Applications
will be accepted by the Human Resources Department on a CONTINUOUS BASIS
To fill out an online application visit: http://anaheim.net/jobs/job_list.asp
Candidates must be specific and complete in describing their
qualifications for this position. Failure to state all pertinent
information may lead to elimination from competition. The successful
candidate will be required to take a post-employment medical examination
which will include a drug/alcohol screening. New employees must provide
documentation to establish both work authorization and identity. Visit
Anaheim’s home page at www.anaheim.net.
Submit application at: http://www.anaheim.net/jobs/job_app.asp?jobid=1173