SJSU Teach-In: War with Iraq? Thursday, October 17, 2002
- Please post, announce and distribute widely on campus and in the community.
Everyone is invited to this important event.
Teach-In: War with Iraq?
Thursday, October 17, 2002
Morris Dailey Auditorium
San Jose State University
12 noon - 3:00 pm
Speaker panel of SJSU professors, students and community activitsts!
6 - 8:30 pm
More speakers, spoken word performances, music and more!
Voice your concerns.
Learn about how this will impact you.
Find out what we can do today.
Consider these issues:
- Current US policy towards Iraq
- The historical, political and social relationships between the US, Iraq, and the Middle East
- The meaning of patriotism and national security
- The impact of sanctions on Iraq
- Sexism, racism and war
- Economic roots and costs of war
- Regional, global and environmental impacts
- International law and global justice
- The "War on Terrorism"
- The role of the mass media
- The US, the UN and multilateralism
For more information contact Bob Gliner at (408) 924-5337, rvgliner@...
Organized by the Faculty-Student Ad Hoc Iraq Teach-In Committee