3 FT jobs - Valencia, CA - Moore & Assoc. - Transportation planners/project managers

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 18, 2006

      ----- Forwarded by Asha Weinstein/SJSU on 10/18/2006 12:33 PM -----

      Three positions, Moore & Associates, Valencia CA

      Project Manager
      Company Description:

      Moore & Associates is a growing consulting firm based in Valencia, specializing in planning, management services, and marketing for the public transportation industry. Clients include bus, commuter and intercity rail, and specialized transportation.  The company is celebrating its 15th anniversary and enjoys a reputation for integrity, insight, and innovation. This recruitment includes possible placement at our Southern California office as well as other locations throughout the United States.

      Job Description:

      Performs financial, compliance, and operational audits in accordance with adopted industry standards. Responsibilities consist of, but are not limited to, conducting detailed audit procedures, including reviewing transactions, documents, records, reports, and policies and procedures for accuracy and effectiveness; preparing Triennial Performance Audit reports, assisting in developing recommendations for corrective action/improvement, and providing support for the firm’s Planning Team in capital and financial reviews. Other job-related duties as assigned.
      Job Requirements:
      ·         Bachelors Degree in Economics, Finance, Business Administration, or related field.
      ·         Must demonstrate analytical skills, as well as the ability to work independently. Strong written and verbal communication skills required. Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
      Benefits:
      Company-provided benefits include annual leave, paid holidays, healthcare, 401k, and educational assistance.

      Compensation:
      Dependant on qualifications. Starting range: $42,000-$46,000. Base rate plus performance bonus.
      Travel:
      Occasional travel to work assignments throughout Western United States.
      Application Procedure:
      Submit resume on-line to recruiting@...

      Employment conditional on a pre-employment physical, drug and alcohol test, and background assessment.

      We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer.  We maintain a drug-free workplace.

      Associate Planner
      Position Description:

      Under supervision of one or more of the firm’s Project Managers, works on a variety of planning, development and transportation projects. Responsibilities consist of, but are not limited to, assisting with a variety of transportation related planning projects including transit and land-use studies, service planning and operations analysis, and management audits. Also organize and supervise data collection activities, participates in client meetings/presentations, and assists with community outreach activities. Other job-related duties as assigned.
      Minimum Qualifications:

      A combination of education, training, and experience providing the required knowledge, skills and abilities for successful job performance, such as: a Bachelor’s degree, Urban/Regional/Transportation Planning, Public Administration or a closely related field, with a Transportation/Urban Planning emphasis AND two years of professional transportation/urban planning experience.
      Must have a working knowledge of survey methodology and techniques, GIS, SPSS,  and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Strong written and verbal communication skills required. Must have the ability to maintain project timelines, manage project costs, and oversee multiple concurrent priorities.
      Benefits:
      Company-provided benefits include annual leave, paid holidays, healthcare, 401k, and educational assistance.
      Compensation:
      Dependant on qualifications. Starting range: $45,000-$55,000. Base rate plus performance bonus.
      Travel:
      Occasional travel to work assignments throughout Western United States.
      Application Procedure:
      Submit resume on-line to recruiting@...

      Employment conditional on a pre-employment physical, drug and alcohol test, and background assessment.

      We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer.  We maintain a drug-free workplace.

      ===================================
      Planning Assistant
      Position Description:

      The Planning Assistant’s primary responsibility is to provide assistance to the firm’s Planning team.  Duties may include word processing, data entry, and Internet research.  In addition, the Planning Assistant will be responsible for collecting primary data for some of our clients, which include ridechecks and surveys.
      Minimum Qualifications:
      High school diploma or equivalent.  Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
      Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel and have the ability to use common office equipment such as computer, fax, and copier.
      Must have neat appearance, be authorized to work in the United States, and have reliable transportation.
      Benefits:
      Company-provided benefits include annual leave, paid holidays, healthcare, 401k, and educational assistance.
      Compensation:
      Dependant on qualifications.
      Travel:
      Occasional travel assignments throughout the Santa Clarita and San Fernando Valleys.
      Application Procedure:
      Please submit resume to recruiting@...

      Employment conditional on successfully passing a pre-employment physical, drug and alcohol test, and background assessment.

      We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer.  We maintain a drug-free workplace.