I NEED YOUR HELP - PARKING EXPANSION THREATENS STKN

  • frankandjoy
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 17, 2006
      Hi All,

      I am looking for volunteers to join me in using your planning expertise to implement an alternative sustainable plan for the parking expansion of Downtown Stockton. The current proposal erodes continuous street walls and aesthetic streetscapes by demolishing corners of blocks, threatens housing stock and a mural, and demolishes 7 potential historic structures all for the addition of 130 parking spaces. I believe the price for additional parking, as described, is too high!!!

      I would like to schedule one or more site visits for all interested volunteers so that everyone sees firsthand the scope of the recommended project. I believe that together we can make a difference to the City of Stockton. Any assistance you can offer me is deeply appreciated!

      To get involved, feel free to phone me at (209) 464 - 6868, email me at frankneas@... or write me at Joy Neas, 1838 Lever Blvd., Stockton, CA 95206.

      Bye for now,

      Joy

      P.S. I especially need planners versed in parking, housing and historic preservation.