FT job - San Francisco - Asian Neighborhood Design - Community Planning Assistant Project Manager

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 22 5:13 PM

      ----- Forwarded by Asha Weinstein/SJSU on 09/22/2006 05:11 PM -----

      Job Title: Community Planning Assistant Project Manager
      Location: San Francisco
      Salary: DOE
      FT  Regular

      Job Description:
      Asian Neighborhood Design is recruiting for an Assistant Project Manager to
      work with our Community Planning Program team. AND is a non-profit community
      development agency incorporated in 1973 providing architecture and planning,
      family and youth self-sufficiency services, employment  training, and
      housing & community development for low-income, multicultural communities.
      Our community planning program currently has active technical assistance
      work in key San Francisco neighborhoods—South of Market, Visitacion Valley,
      Mission—as well as some special research and policy projects.

      The responsibilities for this position will include: managing research
      projects and field surveys, facilitating and recording for community
      workshop processes, managing work products including maps, drawings,
      imagery, reports and other “deliverables,” day to day interfacing with our
      community partners, and assisting with supervising intern teams and summer
      fellows. Strong analytical skills and creative thinking are
      necessary, as are excellent communication skills. Our community planning
      program has a wide variety of projects, each needing different types of
      contributions, so the person should expect to be working in a fast-paced
      dynamic work environment with a small team that approaches projects
      collaboratively. Experience should include at least two years of practical
      experience in community planning or design. Knowledge of
      development financing and/or real estate economics would be valuable.
      Familiarity with GIS, Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign software programs
      is desirable. It is also highly desirable that the person know the geography
      of San Francisco well and be knowledgeable about local land use and planning
      policy issues.

      Salary DOE. We have full medical, dental, vision, life insurance coverage
      for all employees. We also provide a 401(k) plan.

      How to Apply:
      Contact Peter Cohen at 415-593-023 x221 and/or
      pcohen@....
      Organization Web Site: www.andnet.org