RSVP Now for Sept. 20 "Housing the Future of the Bay Area" (Special TALC Regional Meeting)

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 12, 2006

      ----- Forwarded by Asha Weinstein/SJSU on 09/12/2006 03:31 PM -----
      "Marta Lindsey, TALC" <marta@...>

      09/12/2006 03:19 PM

      "TALC Members, Activists, Friends" <info@...>
      cc
      Subject
      RSVP Now for Sept. 20 "Housing the Future of the Bay Area"

      You are invited to a special TALC Regional Meeting:

      Housing the Future of the Bay Area
      September 20, 2006 – 5:30pm at the Sierra Club in Downtown San Francisco

      The Bay Area faces a challenging future: major population growth, an aging
      baby boom generation, rising energy costs, an obesity crisis, increased
      global economic competition, and new risks due to global warming.

      But solutions exist in how and where we house people.

      The Transportation and Land Use Coalition (TALC) invites you to attend an
      engaging presentation by Don Weden, a retired senior planner with Santa
      Clara County. He will discuss the major economic, demographic, development,
      and environmental trends and challenges that the Bay Area faces, and why
      these trends are closely connected to decisions about how and where we
      house people. We will take time to strategize how we can increase the scale
      and impact of our efforts in dealing with these challenges, including
      finding better ways to communicate about the quality-of-life issues at
      stake in a way that really connects with people.

      This presentation is the feature of TALC’s Regional Meeting on Wednesday,
      September 20, 5:30-7:30 p.m. at the Sierra Club, 85 Second Street, San
      Francisco.  The Meeting is free and open to the public for this special
      event.  Pizza and beverages will be served.

      PLEASE RSVP to rsvp@... so that we have enough seating and
      order enough food.

      Transportation and Land Use Coalition (TALC) www.transcoalition.org
      TALC is a partnership of over 90 groups working for a sustainable and
      socially just Bay Area. We envision a region with healthy, walkable
      communities that provide all residents with transportation choices and
      affordable housing. The coalition analyzes county and regional policies,
      works with community groups to develop alternatives, and coordinates
      grassroots campaigns.

      TALC Email List Instructions:
      You received this email because you gave TALC your email address, or
      someone forwarded this message to you.

      - to SUBSCRIBE, send an email to:
      <<mailto:info@...>info@...>. Be sure to
      include your full mailing address and organization name, phone and fax
      numbers, and indicate what alert you are responding to.