UPC join TALC?

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2002
      MURPs:

      At tonights UPC meeting, we once again discussed the issue of whether the
      UPC should formally become a member of the Transportation & Land Use
      Coalition.
      (http://www.transcoalition.org/)
      We had considered doing an eVote, but were advised against it.
      So we settled on simply asking for discussion, rather than a vote.

      Below is where the last dialog left off - thank you for your comments, Asha
      and Robin.

      Please, anyone receiving this email (there are 65 of us), whether you are an
      alum or a student - feel free to continue the dialog.

      Right now there is some hesitancy about joining the coalition. And for good
      reason - the UPC hasn't joined other groups before, or has it?
      Would joining TALC be too political a statement?

      The general plan (no pun intended) is that a vote will be taken at the next
      UPC meeting, 10/15 (we are meeting regularly now - first and 3rd Tuesdays,
      6:30pm, Urban Planning Lounge).

      Regards,
      Irvin