PhD Opportunities in Ireland, with scholarship

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 16, 2006

      ------------------------------

      Date:    Wed, 7 Jun 2006 23:39:18 -0000
      From:    Christopher Miller <millerc@MAIL.H-NET.MSU.EDU>
      Subject: PhD Opportunities in Ireland

      From: Niamh Moore <niamh.moore@...>

      I'd like to bring list members' attention to the Ad Astra PhD scholarship
      scheme just announced by University College Dublin. The closing date for
      application is 26 June, and details are below. If you have, or know of,
      students interested in studying in Ireland, I would be very grateful if
      you could let them know of the scholarship. Information about the  School
      of Geography, Planning and Environmental Policy UCD is available at:
      http://www.ucd.ie/gpep/gpepinfo/.
      The scholarships are aimed at candidates  who wish to pursue PhD degrees
      by research with participation in PhD programmes which include
      transferable skills modules. UCD Ad Astra Research Scholars will be
      provided with opportunities to support some undergraduate teaching
      programmes. Scholarships will be tenable for up to 4 years and carry a
      stipend of ยค16,000 per annum plus an additional grant to cover fees.
      The closing date is Monday 26th June and additional information and
      application forms can be found at:
      http://www.ucd.ie/pgstudy/ad_astra_scholarships.htm
      If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at
      Niamh.Moore@...

      Niahm Moore
      University College Dublin