Job - Planner, La Clinica de La Raza, Oakland
----- Forwarded by Asha Weinstein/SJSU on 06/16/2006 08:16 AM -----
Job Title: Planner
Organization: La Clinica de La Raza
Salary: $46,087 FTE
JOB TITLE: PLANNER
CLASSIFICATION: REGULAR FULL-TIME 100% (BASED ON A 40 HR WORK WEEK)
REPORTS TO: PLANNING DIRECTOR
STATUS: EXEMPT (UNION)
SALARY: $46,087 FTE + FRINGE BENEFITS
APPLICATION DEADLINE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
POSITION AVAILABLE: IMMEDIATELY
ABOUT THE POSITION: Under general supervision, supports La Clinica’s
leadership for: analytic, planning and project management services;
restricted fund development; and grants and contracts administration.
1. Possession of graduate degree in public health, public administration,
urban planning, public policy, or related field.
2. Excellent skills in complex analytic problem solving, planning, project
management, change management, and group process.
3. Excellent written and oral skills, ability to organize and present (in
writing and orally) information in a clear and concise manner.
4. Ability to organize and manage multiple projects and tasks
5. Ability to work under pressure and to meet external and internal
6. Proficiency in Microsoft software: word, excel, powerpoint.
7. Proficiency in team building, conflict resolution, group interaction,
project management, program planning, budgeting, and evaluation highly
8. Experience in the community health and/or human services field highly
9. Experience in proposal writing, particularly for government and
foundations, highly desirable.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Planning: supports La Clinica’s planning and decision making efforts so
that the organization can fulfill its mission:
a. Assists La Clinica leadership in defining and attaining organizational
goals by structuring undefined issues for resolution, researching issues,
summarizing and analyzing information, identifying the most effective means
of solving the issues, and working with relevant stakeholders to provide La
Clinica’s leadership with the information needed to make sound and timely
b. Facilitates committees and task forces.
c. Manages time-limited projects.
d. Designs and leads internal planning processes.
e. Prepares presentations and papers for La Clinica’s leadership.
f. Collects and analyzes internal data to determine patient needs,
clinical outcomes, service satisfaction, program effectiveness and
efficiency; collects and analyzes external data on service area to determine
community needs and program expansion opportunities.
2. Restricted Fund Development: Seeks potential funding sources to support
La Clinica’s services and operations; works with
internal and external stakeholders to design the program and budget; writes
and packages grant proposals; serves as the contact person with the funder
and responds to requests for additional information.
3. Grants/Contracts Administration: Prepares all required grant/contract
documents (such as scope of work); shepherds the grant/ contract through the
negotiation and acceptance process; assures La Clinica’s compliance with
grant/contract reporting and other requirements; prepares and packages
grant/contract reports; acts as a communication liaison between La Clinica
and the funder; prepares budget revisions and requests for scope of work
changes as necessary; coordinates funder site visits; assures that assigned
grants and contracts are filed and properly maintained; works closely with
the accounting department, human resources department, and program managers.
4. Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position please go to www.laclinica.org and download the
application. Mail the application to 1515 Fruitvale Avenue, Oakland, CA
94601 Attention: Human Resources. If you wish to come in and fill out an
application please go to 1450 Fruitvale Avenue in Oakland, CA. Go to 2nd
floor, suite H. Please do not fax applications; only originals are