Fw: Full Time Position -- SF - Mission Economic Development Agency - Anti Predatory Lending Coordinator
----- Forwarded by Asha Weinstein/SJSU on 05/08/2006 04:04 PM -----
Job Title: Anti Predatory Lending Coordinator
Organization: Mission Economic Development Agency
Location: San Francisco California (Mission district)
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Mission Economic Development Agency (MEDA) is a community-based economic
development organization which, for over 30 years, has
worked to support small businesses and increase assets among San Francisco’s
low income communities. MEDA serves low-income
clients, focusing on the Latino and/or Spanish-speaking community. In
accomplishing its mission, MEDA is involved in several distinct yet related
activities: business technical assistance, homebuyer education and
counseling, and land use planning and policy.
The Homeownership Program’s mission is to increase community sustainability
through asset creation, which includes but is not limited to home
purchasing. The program assists low- and moderate- income San Francisco
households, focusing predominantly on the Latino community, to successfully
navigate the home buying process and make strong financial decisions that
will benefit them in the long-term.
Recently, MEDA was chosen as the lead agency to manage an anti-predatory
lending initiative. It is expected that this initiative will housed within
our homeownership program. The goals of this initiative are to combat
predatory lending by accomplishing the following:
• Create an effective outreach and marketing campaign targeted at key
neighborhoods and key constituencies, including seniors,
low-income homeowners, and low-income first-time homebuyers.
• Build an effective referral and counseling network to help actual and
potential victims of predatory lending.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position will be central position for the initiative and will be
responsible for undertaking the day-to-day work associated with this
Initiative. The proposed job responsibilities for this position are as
• Administration: manage contract negotiation with funders; manage process
for entering into negotiations with Partner Agencies; staff and manage
steering communities meetings.
• Needs Assessment: coordinate needs assessment process; analyze and share
data; and help determine needs based on race, language and geography
• Program Design: coordinate the development of counseling services
continuum of services, client referral system, marketing campaign; develop
marketing message and materials.
• Fundraising: Work closely with MEDA’s Executive Director to have strong
understanding of the fundraising plan; coordinate with fundraising
stakeholders, including partner agencies, steering committee members and
current funders; provide substantive information to
fundraising staff, and existing and potential funders on needs and program
• Counseling. Counsel clients regarding predatory lending and/or
homeownership issues, as needed.
Minimum of Bachelors Degree required.
* Professional and/or personal experience working in communities of color
* Experience in public policy preferred.
* Experience in the affordable housing, mortgage lending and housing
counseling field, preferred.
* Excellent verbal communication, presentation and writing skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills required.
* 2 years of previous staff and/or program management experience required.
* Spanish fluency, preferred.
How to Apply:
Please email resume & cover letter to hr@... or fax to 415 282 3320
Organization Web Site: www.medasf.org