FT job - SF - Greenbelt Alliance - Membership and Events Associate

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 17, 2006

      (From http://www.planetizen.com/jobs/item.php?id=4812&rf=e)

      Membership And Events Associate
      Greenbelt Alliance

      12:30 pm PST, Mar 15

      Greenbelt Alliance, the Bay Area's land conservation and urban planning non-profit organization, is seeking an organized, energetic, self-motivated, personable individual to direct our membership and events programs. This is an ideal opportunity to lead the effort to substantially enhance Greenbelt Alliance’s membership program and increase membership totals and revenues. We offer a supportive and enriching work environment, competitive salary, good benefits, and a unique opportunity to protect the Bay Area's beautiful landscape and build more people-friendly communities. See www.greenbelt.org for more about our activities.

      The Development Associate for Membership and Events will work directly with the Development Director and the Development Committee — and coordinate with other Greenbelt Alliance staff — to manage and direct all membership activities for our engaged and growing network of members. Key activities include developing and implementing our membership recruitment and retention strategy, maintaining the donor database, coordinating outreach to diverse member groups, and organizing successful fundraising events.

      Job Description:

      • Member Acquisition (20%): Develop and implement strategies for acquiring new members, including e-mail/web-based and direct mail solicitations. Establish and supervise relationship with vendors and consultants. Negotiate list trades and rentals. Develop new email acquisition campaign in coordination with Communications Department staff.

      • Membership Renewal (25%): Write and produce membership renewals and membership appeals. Upgrade members and develop new strategies for maintaining donors. Track expenses, and income. Organize annual member appreciation event(s). Oversee monthly donor program. Write and produce membership special campaign appeals. Respond to members’ inquiries.

      • Manage and Maintain Membership Database [Ebase] (15%): Manage all aspects of member database, including information coding, supervising and doing data entry, and generating weekly and monthly reports for all Greenbelt Alliance fundraising activities and reconciliation with the Finance Department.

      • Events (25%): Manage event consultants in planning, organizing and implementing annual Go Greenbelt fundraising event and assist in creation and coordination of a new fundraising event(s) for Greenbelt Alliance.

      • Corporate Solicitations (5%): Solicit business and corporate sponsorship for events and Greenbelt Alliance programs.

      • Manage Staff and Volunteers (10%): Supervise part time membership assistant and outings and volunteer coordinator as well as several active volunteers.

      Qualifications:
      • Bachelor’s degree and at least two years of experience in fundraising, writing, or public relations.
      • Strong written and verbal communications skills.
      • Experience managing a relational database — knowledge of FileMaker a plus.
      • Event planning experience.
      • Graphic design experience a plus.
      • Close attention to detail.
      • Staff and volunteer supervision ability.
      • Skill in managing multiple projects simultaneously.
      • Access to vehicle, and availability to work some evenings and weekends.
      • Interest in environmental issues and non-profit work.
      • Good sense of humor.

      Salary and Benefits:
      • $33,000 - $37,000, depending on experience.

      • Excellent medical, dental, vacation, and disability benefits package.

      • Opportunities for skill development and professional growth.

      How to Apply:
      Please send a cover letter and resume to: Membership and Events Associate Search, Greenbelt Alliance, 631 Howard Street - Suite 510, San Francisco, CA 94105 or by email to info@.... The application deadline is Friday, April 7, 2006.

      Greenbelt Alliance values a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.

      About Greenbelt Alliance:
      Greenbelt Alliance is the San Francisco Bay Area’s land conservation and urban planning non-profit organization. Founded in 1958, we work to make the Bay Area a better place to live by protecting the region’s greenbelt and improving our cities and towns. In recent years, we have helped protect over 1.1 million acres of farmlands, parks, watersheds and other open space. We have also been a leading advocate for the creation of livable communities through pedestrian-oriented, affordable infill development in the region’s cities and towns. With a committed staff of 20, Greenbelt Alliance has a strong team spirit and sense of fun. We are headquartered in San Francisco with offices in San Jose, Santa Rosa, Walnut Creek, and Fairfield.

      Posted March 14, 2006

      Salary: $33,000 - $37,000, depending on experience
      Contact:         Membership and Events Associate Search
      Email:         info@...
      Phone:         415-543-6771
      Fax:         415-543-6781
      Org.:         Greenbelt Alliance
      Web:         http://www.greenbelt.org/getinvolved/jobopps.html
      Dept.:         Development Department
      Address:         631 Howard Street, Suite 510
      San Francisco, CA 94105
      United States