FT job - San Francisco - Nelson\Nygaard -- cartographer

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 7, 2006

      ----- Forwarded by Asha Weinstein/SJSU on 02/07/2006 07:07 PM -----

      Cartographer

      Nelson\Nygaard, a transit consulting firm in downtown San Francisco, is
      looking for a dynamic individual to work as our lead cartographer.

      ABOUT US:

      Nelson\Nygaard is a dynamic, 40-person transportation consulting firm with a
      national clientele. We are located in downtown San Francisco (4th & Market),
      adjacent to Union Square and easily accessible by public transportation.

      THE POSITION:

      The primary responsibility of the cartographer is to create maps for reports
      and public meetings to support the transit planning function of the firm.
      The ideal candidate is an experienced cartographer proficient with Adobe
      Illustrator and GIS software. The candidate must be detail oriented and able
      to work under frequent deadlines.

      REQUIRED SKILLS

      * Experience creating high quality maps

      * Expertise with Adobe Illustrator

      * Editing, proofing, quality control, and ensuring visual consistency

      * Strong design skills

      * Ability to meet deadlines and schedules

      DESIRED SKILLS

      * Expertise with ESRI ArcGIS and ESRI ArcView 3.x

      * Expertise with Adobe InDesign

      * Familiarity with Acrobat, Photoshop, and Illustrator, PowerPoint, and
      Excel

      TO APPLY:

      Please send cover letters and resumes (email, fax or regular mail) to:

      Mr. Joey Goldman, Principal

      Nelson\Nygaard Consulting Associates

      785 Market Street #1300

      San Francisco, CA 94103

      (415) 284-1544 phone

      (415) 284-1554 fax

      jgoldman@...

      Candidates must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents. We are an Equal
      Opportunity Employer.