----- Forwarded by Asha
Weinstein/SJSU on 02/07/2006 07:07 PM -----
Nelson\Nygaard, a transit consulting firm in downtown San Francisco, is
looking for a dynamic individual to work as our lead cartographer.
Nelson\Nygaard is a dynamic, 40-person transportation consulting firm with
national clientele. We are located in downtown San Francisco (4th &
adjacent to Union Square and easily accessible by public transportation.
The primary responsibility of the cartographer is to create maps for reports
and public meetings to support the transit planning function of the firm.
The ideal candidate is an experienced cartographer proficient with Adobe
Illustrator and GIS software. The candidate must be detail oriented and
to work under frequent deadlines.
* Experience creating high quality maps
* Expertise with Adobe Illustrator
* Editing, proofing, quality control, and ensuring visual consistency
* Strong design skills
* Ability to meet deadlines and schedules
* Expertise with ESRI ArcGIS and ESRI ArcView 3.x
* Expertise with Adobe InDesign
* Familiarity with Acrobat, Photoshop, and Illustrator, PowerPoint, and
Please send cover letters and resumes (email, fax or regular mail) to:
Mr. Joey Goldman, Principal
Nelson\Nygaard Consulting Associates
785 Market Street #1300
San Francisco, CA 94103
(415) 284-1544 phone
(415) 284-1554 fax
Candidates must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents. We are an Equal