FT job - Berkeley - Moore Iacofano Goltsman - Project Director - Park And Recreation Planning

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 6, 2006

      (From http://www.planetizen.com/jobs/item.php?id=4641&rf=e)

      Project Director - Park And Recreation Planning
      Moore Iacofano Goltsman, Inc.

      03:30 pm PST, Jan 31

      MIG is a leader in park and recreation comprehensive and strategic planning. We provide an engaging, multidisciplinary process that involves both users and non-users in determining future park and recreation services. Our products reflect the needs and values of the communities and agencies we serve and our high level of technical expertise.

      The Project Director will be part of our dynamic team that serves as the center of excellence firm-wide for parks and recreation planning. Moore Iacofano Goltsman, Inc. is a 120-person multidisciplinary firm offering services in planning, community design, communications, and management. MIG is headquartered in Berkeley, CA, with branch offices located in Pasadena and Davis, California; Portland and Eugene, Oregon; Reno, Nevada; Raleigh, North Carolina; and Green Bay, Wisconsin. For more information, visit www.migcom.com.

      The Project Director will be responsible for managing comprehensive and strategic planning projects for agencies of all sizes. Candidates for this senior position must demonstrate independent judgment, personal organization, the ability to manage multiple priorities, and excellent communication skills as well as expertise in process facilitation, oral presentation, research, writing, supervision, management, and marketing. Specific requirements include:

      „X Master's degree in urban planning, landscape architecture, or closely related field is required.
      „X At least ten years of planning experience; minimum five years experience in park and recreation comprehensive and strategic planning is required.
      „X Experience working with public sector organizations; consulting experience required.
      „X Excellent writing skills and demonstrated experience in producing high quality long-range planning documents for public park and recreation agencies required.
      „X Ability to work with diverse groups, to facilitate client meetings, and to plan and implement workshops and non-traditional activities to involve the public in planning.
      „X Demonstrated success in marketing and business development, including proposal development, presentations, and networking required.
      „X MS Word, Powerpoint, Excel required.
      „X Hand graphic skills, Illustrator, Photoshop, Quark Express, AutoCAD 2000 or better, and GIS skills are desirable.
      „X Expertise in park maintenance, park and recreation financing, cultural services, natural resources, trails, or another area of special expertise in parks and recreation is highly desirable.
      „X Ability to think critically, communicate effectively, produce high quality work, facilitate solutions, use work as a catalyst for innovation and positive change, work as part of a team, manage others, embrace technology, and have passion and humor!

      This position is available in our Berkeley office. We offer a full benefit package and flexible work schedule. Please send resume, descriptive letter of interest, salary history, and writing sample to:

      Carolyn Verheyen
      c/o Maria Mayer
      MIG, Inc.
      800 Hearst Avenue
      Berkeley, CA 94710
      Email to Maria Mayer: mariam@...
      Fax: 510-845-8750

      Salary: Commensurate with experience
      Contact: Carolyn Verheyen c/o Maria Mayer
      Email: mariam@...
      Phone:
      Fax: 510-845-8570
      Org.: Moore Iacofano Goltsman, Inc.