FT job - Modesto/Stockton - Mid Valley Engineering - Landscape Architect / Urban Designer

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 6, 2006

      (from http://www.planetizen.com/jobs/item.php?id=4648&rf=e)

      Landscape Architect / Urban Designer
      Mid Valley Engineering

      03:30 pm PST, Feb 02

      Landscape Architect / Urban Designer (Ref#: M-LPD)
      Location: Modesto, CA and/or Stockton, CA

      Mid-Valley Engineering is a full service Land Development Solutions firm specializing in Land Planning, Entitlements, Civil Engineering, Surveying and Construction Staking. Our firm provides professional services for a multitude of public and private projects throughout California and the Western United States.

      Our 20 person land planning department is expanding! We are looking for Landscape Architect / Urban Designer to work on some of the most exciting projects in the valley.

      Job Description: The Landscape Architect will assist in production related to existing and proposed landscape architecture, streetscape, transportation planning, theming and monumentation for master-planned communities and land development projects. Applicant will have knowledge of landscape architectural design in relation to residential, commercial and industrial site layouts including preliminary subdivision design, lot plans and coordination of final lot layout with engineering staff. In addition, candidate will assist with efforts to expand the landscape architecture capabilities within the Modesto and Stockton planning & entitlements office. Independently evaluates, selects and applies site design techniques, procedures, and modifications. Assignments have specified objectives and require the investigation of many variables including site analysis, building operation, vehicular and pedestrian traffic, and site grading and storm drainage.

      Candidate will have the opportunity to work with our Senior Landscape Architect who has 17+ years experience, a MLA from the Harvard University Graduate School of Design, a BSLA from University of Kentucky and was a principal of their own firm.

      Our company focus is on land development related to master planned communities. We are looking for candidates with a relevant background based in landscape architecture, residential site planning or land planning.

      Requires BS or MA in Landscape Architecture with 2+ years exp or equivalent experience (AICP or ASLA). Traditional sketching and drawing skills required and computer skills are a plus!

      If you have a portfolio website of your work, please include it with your cover letter. Interested in both traditional design skills and computer software composition skills.

      For more information, see our website at www.mve.net . Send your cover letter and resume to:

      Email: jobs@...

      Mid-Valley Engineering
      Attn: Human Resources - Planning