Adapting Our Communities to the Changing Realities of the 21st Century - Lecture by Don Weden, 1/28, Palo Alto

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 9, 2006

      Winds of Change: Adapting Our Communities to the Changing Realities of the 21st Century

      Saturday, January 28, 2006, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m.
      HP Auditorium, 3000 Hanover, Palo Alto

      How can we prepare for these?
      . Global Warming
      . Rising Energy Costs
      . Population Growth
      . International Economic Competition
      . Aging “Baby Boom” Generation
      . Potential Natural Disaster

      Don Weden, retired Principal Planner, Santa Clara County Planning Office, is renowned for innovative land-use planning leadership.
      Weden’s informative and thought-provoking presentation will challenge us to contemplate a vision for our community’s future in a whole new way.

      Sponsor
      American Association of University Women (AAUW), Palo Alto branch

      Co-sponsors
      Acterra, Avenidas, Canopy, City of Palo Alto Planning and Community Environment Department, Committee for Green Foothills, ECHO Fair  Housing/Midpeninsula Citizens for Fair Housing, Family Resources, Housing Action Coalition, League of Women Voters of Palo Alto, Palo Alto Adult School, PAGE, Palo Alto Chamber of Commerce, Palo Alto Housing Corp., PLAN, PTA Council, Sierra Club, Silicon Valley Leadership Group