Fwd: Student scholarships for Collaborative Planning Workshop Oakland Jan 26

  • pmelhus@email.sjsu.edu
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2006
      There are three scholarships for northern California not allocated yet.
      peter melhus

      Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 11:26:46 -0800
      To: JInnes@...
      From: "David E. booher" <dbooher@...>
      Subject: Collaborative Planning Academy

      Colleagues,

      The Center for Collaborative Policy has developed a series of training
      workshops on collaborative planning that we will be offering in January, March,
      and May in both Oakland and Los Angeles. The idea is that the participants in
      the workshops will be the first "fellows" of the academy and that we will
      develop activities to enable the fellows to share experiences and learn
      together as part of a network. Please see the attached announcement for a
      fuller description and the attached outlines for more information on each of
      the workshops. The information is also available at
      http://www.csus.edu/ccp/training/index.htm#academy

      This project has been developed in collaboration with several leading
      planners who are members of the Ca. Planning Roundtable. Each of the sessions
      will be limited to 30 participants and the charge is $300 for all three of the
      series.

      I am writing to you because we have decided to offer up to 3 $200 student
      scholarships for both the LA and Oakland sessions, for graduate students who
      expect to receive their degree within one year of the workshops. If you know of
      interested students you would like to suggest, please pass the information
      along to them. Please have them send a letter of interest, including how they
      think participation in the Academy will advance their professional goals, and
      their vitae/resume to me at dbooher@... or the address below by
      December 15th. Due to the limited number of scholarships we will not announce
      the student scholarships publicly.

      If you have any questions or suggestions please let me know. Thank you
      for your consideration.

      Best,
      David

      David E. Booher, FAICP
      912 Valencia Avenue
      Davis, CA. 95616
      (530) 758-2774
      dbooher@...

      "Every morning I awake torn between a desire to save the world and an
      inclination to savor it. This makes it hard to plan the day."
      e.b.white

      ----- End forwarded message -----