Fwd: RE: Results of UPC Elections

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 24, 2002
      SJMURPs:
      Sorry for the duplication - just wanted to pass the UPC election results
      along to those who are not students, and thus didn't vote:
      Irv

      Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 18:34:24 -0400

      Hello classmates:

      I would like to reiterate Dayana's words below: THANK YOU ALL FOR VOTING!!!!
      (Especially those who voted for moi!!).

      I attended my first UPC meeting during my Open University semester in the
      Fall, '99. The following year, I was "selected" to be president. To my
      knowledge, that's been the general procedure (rather than holding an
      election) - so for us to have an election is noteworthy in itself.

      To Anthony Drummond: Thank you for choosing to run for president against
      an incumbent, and tying! Congratulations!

      To Professor Dayana Salazar: Thank you for being an outstanding faculty
      advisor, and particularly for facilitating the voting - which took two
      attempts to get a respectable turn-out.

      To all UPC members: After careful consultation with the current officers:
      Anthony, Robin Lee, and Karli Eschwey,I have decided that two years is long
      enough to lead the Urban Planning Coalition. Rather than continuing as
      "co-president" with Anthony, I will pass the reigns of leadership of our
      great student group, come this fall semester, to Anthony, who will be sole
      president, and Karli, who shall remain VP.

      I will remain an officer of the Board. I have begun deliberations with
      Anthony as to a new board position and sub-committee for the UPC in the
      fall. We will be taking it to officers Karli and Robin for approval.

      Thank you all for allowing me to serve you as president for two consecutive
      years. It's been a great experience for me, and I hope beneficial for many
      of you as well.

      I would particularly like everyone who voted to consider joining Anthony,
      Karli, Robin and me on the UPC board as officer positions remain vacant.
      And I know that Anthony will need help from all of you for the first ever
      student conference of American Planning Ass'n to take place here at SJSU on
      Sept. 28.

      Please join me in congratulating Anthony, and wishing him a profitable year
      as president of the Urban Planning Coalition of SJSU.

      Wishing all of you an enjoyable, profitable, and healthy summer, and
      looking forward to seeing those of you who will be returning in the fall. I
      especially look forward to seeing you at a UPC meeting at Pizza A Go Go, or
      wherever the Board chooses to hold its meetings.

      Regards to all,

      Current and out-going president,

      Irvin