FT Job - San Francisco - GIS Planning Inc. - Sales Director

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2006

      ----- Forwarded by Asha Weinstein/SJSU on 01/04/2006 12:35 PM -----

      Sales Director - Internet Economic Development and Online Mapping (SOMA /
      south beach)

      Reply to: jobs@...
      Date: 2006-01-03, 9:46AM PST

      Sales Director - Internet Economic Development and Online Mapping

      About GIS Planning Inc.

      GIS Planning is the industry leader and inventor of Internet-based economic
      development using online mapping analysis. We are a small, fast growing
      company based in San Francisco. Our technology is implemented in 27 states
      and serves 40% of the 50 largest cities in the USA. We are the number one
      provider of this technology in the US and this is only the beginning; our
      mission is to become the number one provider of economic development
      solutions on a global scale and then expand into new industries. To that end
      we are investing aggressively to develop new markets and grow our market
      share by increasing our technology and product leadership.

      We are looking for motivated, skilled, upbeat employees with excellent
      people skills who enjoy working in a fast-paced work environment.

      GIS Planning's office is located in San Francisco's Mission Bay neighborhood
      a block from the new baseball stadium. For more information about GIS
      Planning please visit us at www.gisplanning.com. Our work has been featured
      in the Wall Street Journal, LA Times, San Francisco Chronicle, and other
      quality media. Links to other articles can be found at
      www.gisplanning.com/news.htm.

      Sales Director Job Summary:

      The Sales Director will plan and manage direct marketing and sales
      activities to develop sales of GIS Planning accounts. This is a new role for
      the organization and is considered a crucial role within the company from
      the start. The Sales Director has the responsibility for strategy,
      management and training of sales staff, results, market analysis, and input
      into future products.

      Duties and Responsibilities:

      . Develop and implement a sales strategy to maximize results and meet or
      exceed sales goals.
      . Manage the sales process within the sales department including lead
      generation, needs analysis, presentation, negotiation, closing and follow-up
      programs.
      . Direct and administer the activities of the sales team; including
      performance review, mentoring and coaching programs.
      . Formulate sales compensation strategy on an annual basis to drive sales
      team.
      . Analyze market segments and distribution of accounts and territory.
      . Report findings to Executive Team
      . Present or co-present to prospects.
      . Manage and maintain a personal pipeline of business opportunities to
      achieve monthly, quarterly and annual sales.
      . Utilize internal sales platform to track, manage and report on sales
      activity
      . Work closely with the Executive Team to evaluate product extensions and
      new ideas for future product's enhancements.
      . Manage ongoing projects and internal relationships with technical
      development and project management teams.

      Required Skills and Abilities:

      . Analytical, problem solving and quantitative analysis skills.
      . Project management and organizational skills.
      . Communication and interpersonal skills.
      . Balance technical and sales issues and communication.
      . Establish and maintain effective working relationships with executives,
      employees, prospects, and clients.
      . Maintain own work flow and meet deadlines.
      . Familiarity with technology/software/IT/GIS sales and/or sales to economic
      development and government a plus, but not a requirement.
      . Team-player

      Minimum Education and/or Experience:

      . Bachelor's degree
      . 5 to 7 years experience directly related to the duties and
      responsibilities specified in sales.

      Please answer the following three questions in your response to GIS
      Planning:

      1. Briefly describe one or two examples of how you have been successful at
      sales.
      2. Do you have any sales experience related to software, IT, GIS (geographic
      information systems), or government?
      3. Briefly describe yourself, how you work in a group, and your management
      style.

      Please submit resume, cover letter, answers to the three questions, and
      salary expectations in the body of the e-mail (no attachments) to
      jobs@.... Responses without these four items will not be
      considered.

      Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.