FT Job - San Jose - People for Land and Nature - Volunteer Coordinator/Office Manager, Santa Clara County Open Space Initiative
----- Forwarded by Asha Weinstein/SJSU on 01/03/2006 11:11 AM -----
01/02/2006 08:43 PMToccSubject
full time campaign job near SJSU; starting ASAP
I am active with PLAN, which will begin circulating an initiative in January
to limit development and improve environmental protection for farm and open
space areas of Santa Clara county. The job ends after the November 2006
This is full time job to manage the office in rented space at the San Jose
Peace Center, just south of SJSU on Seventh Street. Salary is $2.5-$3.5 k per
If you know of anyone interested, feel free to have them ask me any questions.
Volunteer Coordinator/Office Manager
Santa Clara County Open Space Initiative
People for Land and Nature (PLAN) is looking for a full-time Volunteer Coordinator/Office Manager to help coordinate the Santa Clara County Open Space Initiative. The Initiative will protect hillsides, ranchlands and agriculture in Santa Clara County, and will appear on the November, 2006 ballot. The position runs from mid-January until mid-November, 2006, and is located in San Jose, CA.
· Oversee day-to-day operations in our San Jose office.
· Recruit and coordinate volunteers to collect signatures, assist with office support, and help with numerous other projects.
· Coordinate mailings and outreach activities.
· Assist with publicity and fundraising.
· Help plan and implement events.
· A people person – outgoing and positive.
· Experience managing volunteers and/or running an office or campaign.
· Well organized with the ability to multitask and prioritize activities.
· Self-directed and energetic.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Good computer skills.
· Willingness to work on some weekends.
· Knowledge of Santa Clara County.
$2,500 to $3,500 per month, depending on experience. This position includes health insurance.
Please send a cover letter, resume and three references to Peter Drekmeier at SaveOpenSpace@..., or to PLAN, 3921 E. Bayshore Rd., Palo Alto, CA 94303. For questions call (650) 223-3306.