3 positions - Modesto, CA and/or Stockton, CA - Mid-Valley Engineering

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 12, 2005

      (from http://www.planetizen.com/jobs/item.php?id=4477&rf=e)

      Senior Land Planner and/or Senior Project Manager
      Mid-Valley Engineering

      03:00 pm PST, Dec 09

      Senior Land Planner / Senior Project Manager (Ref#: M-SLP)
      Location: Modesto, CA and/or Stockton, CA

      Mid-Valley Engineering is a full service Land Development Solutions firm specializing in Land Planning, Entitlements, Civil Engineering, Surveying and Construction Staking. Our firm provides professional services for a multitude of public and private projects throughout California and the Western United States.

      Our 20 person land planning department is expanding! Work on some of the most exciting projects in the valley. Looking for two candidates: Senior Land Planner with indepth knowledge of entitlement processing and land planning. The second candidate is a Senior Project Manager that will work with clients and subconsultants to ensure that all planning and engineering tasks are on schedule.

      Job Description: Successful candidate will have knowledge of Entitlement Processing, Client Coordination, Proposals, Cost Estimates, Working with Government Agencies, Exhibits, Feasibility Studies, etc. Our company focus is on land development related to master planned communities. We are looking for candidates with a relevant background based in landscape architecture, residential site planning or land planning.

      Requires at least 7+ years experience for the Senior Land Planner position - less qualified candidates may be considered for other land planning positions. The Project Manager position is available to those with the proper client service skills.

      Knowledge of AutoCad and MS Office is preferred, but not required. Both positions require knowledge of the land development industry. Degrees, ASLA, AICP or PMP preferred but not required. Very generous compensation package.

      For more information, see our website at
      www.mve.net . Send your cover letter and resume to:

      Email:
      jobs@...

      Mid-Valley Engineering
      Attn: Human Resources - Planning
      1117 "L" Street
      Modesto, CA 95354

      Phone: 209.526.4214
      Toll free: 866.526.4214
      Fax: 209.526.0803

      100% Confidentiality Assured

      Salary: Very Competitive

      Contact:George Raymond
      Email:jobs@...
      Phone:209-526-4214
      Fax:209-526-0803
      Org.:Mid-Valley Engineering
      Web:http://www.mve.net
      Dept.: Land Planning Department
      Address:1117 L Street
      Modesto, CA 95354
      United States

      ___________

      (From http://www.planetizen.com/jobs/item.php?id=4480&rf=e)

      Business Development / Land Planning Project Manager
      Mid Valley Engineering

      05:00 pm PST, Dec 09

      Project Manager - Land Development & Land Planning

      If the above title describes your current job... this job may be different from what you are use to and an exciting opportunity! We have a unique position available in our Business Development department...

      • Do you have 5-10+ years experience in the Land Development industry?
      • Do you understand the process of taking land through the entitlement process through engineering to construction?
      • Do you have a personality? (A good one, that is.) Are you a people person?
      • Are you a self-starter? Do you have good initiative?

      We are looking for a smart person who "gets" the land development industry to become a member of our very successful Business Development department. We want someone who has already established some knowledge on how land development projects get built... someone who knows the basic process of entitlements, engineering and construction.

      Who are we?
      We are an award winning full-service Land Development Solutions firm - we provide professional services in Land Planning, Entitlements, Engineering, Surveying and Construction Staking. Our primary focus is on large master planned communities, but we also do many commercial, industrial, school and public works projects. We service the entire Western United States and have been in business since 1969.

      We are about 100 employees and constantly growing. We have offices in Modesto and Stockton and are working on opening 2 more in the near future.

      The position...
      We need someone to help us grow our business North of San Joaquin county... meaning: someone who will open up markets in the counties of Sacramento, El Dorado, Placer, etc... Much of the time you will be driving around to clients (and potential clients) offices in the Sacramento region and going to Building Industry events, etc... Yes, there is some office work - you will be in the office at times making phone calls (usually leaving messages) and working on writing up proposals and contracts... You need to present well and look professional (so you can't wear Birkenstocks to work). This position will be based out of our Stockton office.

      This is a senior position and entails meeting with clients and discussing their projects... you will be trained on how to write up a detailed proposal outlining how their project will be completed that includes a basic timeline. You will initiate kick off meetings and hand off projects to departmental Project Managers. It is a very fast paced environment and a very exciting company to work for. You will report to the SVP of Business Development.

      Interested?
      Please send a cover letter and resume to
      bizdev@....

      You can also send your resume to:

      Mid-Valley Engineering, Inc.
      Attn: John Mensonides
      1117 L Street
      Modesto, CA 95354

      Oh yes, the important information: money and benefits... our company offers great benefits and commensuration isn't an issue for the right person. We are very generous in our compensation package - this position includes a company vehicle.

      Be sure to check out our company website at www.mve.net . EOE

      100% Confidentiality Assured

      Salary: Very Competitive

      Contact:John Mensonides
      Email:bizdev@...
      Phone:209-526-4214
      Fax:209-526-0803
      Org.:Mid Valley Engineering
      Web:http://www.mve.net
      Dept.: Business Development
      Address:1117 L Street
      Modesto, CA 95354
      United States

      ______________

      (From http://www.planetizen.com/jobs/item.php?id=4478&rf=e)

      Landscape Architect / Designer
      Mid-Valley Engineering

      03:00 pm PST, Dec 09

      Landscape Architect / Designer (Ref#: M-LPD)
      Location: Modesto, CA and/or Stockton, CA

      Mid-Valley Engineering is a full service Land Development Solutions firm specializing in Land Planning, Entitlements, Civil Engineering, Surveying and Construction Staking. Our firm provides professional services for a multitude of public and private projects throughout California and the Western United States.

      Our 20 person land planning department is expanding! We are looking for Landscape Architect/Designer to work on some of the most exciting projects in the valley.

      Job Description: The Landscape Architect will assist in production related to existing and proposed landscape architecture, streetscape, transportation planning, theming and monumentation for master-planned communities and land development projects. Applicant will have knowledge of landscape architectural design in relation to residential, commercial and industrial site layouts including preliminary subdivision design, lot plans and coordination of final lot layout with engineering staff. In addition, candidate will assist with efforts to expand the landscape architecture capabilities within the Modesto and Stockton planning & entitlements office. Independently evaluates, selects and applies site design techniques, procedures, and modifications. Assignments have specified objectives and require the investigation of many variables including site analysis, building operation, vehicular and pedestrian traffic, and site grading and storm drainage.

      Candidate will have the opportunity to work with our Senior Landscape Architect who has 17+ years experience, a MLA from the Harvard University Graduate School of Design, a BSLA from University of Kentucky and was a principal of their own firm.

      Our company focus is on land development related to master planned communities. We are looking for candidates with a relevant background based in landscape architecture, residential site planning or land planning.

      Requires BS or MA in Landscape Architecture with 2+ years exp or equivalent experience (AICP or ASLA). Traditional sketching and drawing skills preferred and computer skills are a plus!

      If you have a portfolio website of your work, please include it with your cover letter. Interested in both traditional design skills and computer software composition skills.