VTA's Michael Burns on transit options for the South Bay - December 7, 7:00 p.m.

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 16, 2005

      ----- Forwarded by Asha Weinstein/SJSU on 11/16/2005 11:12 AM -----

      The Commonwealth Club Silicon Valley is pleased to welcome Michael
      Burns, new General Manager of the Santa Clara Valley Transportation
      Authority (VTA) to our podium on Wednesday, December 7 at the new San
      Jose City Hall Council Chambers. Please share the following announcement
      with your friends and colleagues who are interested in our local
      transportation issues and challenges. If you have questions regarding
      this program, you can call me at 408-351-3477.

      Regards, Trish Newfarmer

      Commonwealth Club Silicon Valley presents:

      Michael Burns, General Manager of the Santa Clara Valley Transportation
      Authority (VTA); former head of MUNI in San Francisco

      "Public Transportation Options in the South Bay"

      As Santa Clara County resumes a growth pattern, in both job
      opportunities and population, transportation becomes an ever more
      critical issue; affecting further economic development and quality of
      life in the region. Under the leadership of the recently appointed,
      General Manager Michael Burns, VTA is working on long-term
      transportation solutions that include regional connectivity, highway and
      roadway improvements, increased bus,  light rail, and services for the
      elderly and disabled and the construction of BART to Silicon Valley.

      Wednesday, December 7, 2005

      6:30 p.m. Registration; 7 p.m. Program

      San Jose City Council Chambers, 200 East Santa Clara Street, San Jose

      $5 Commonwealth Club members; $8 non-members

      For reservations, please call 1-800-847-7730 or register online
      www.commonwealthclub.org/sv.html
      <http://www.commonwealthclub.org/sv.html>

      Co-sponsored by California State Automobile Association

      Trish Newfarmer
      Director, Commonwealth Club Silicon Valley
      111 N. Market Street, Ste. 660
      San Jose, CA  95113
      (408) 351-3477
      (408) 351-3480 (fax)